Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off today... So I decide to pop into my local village to grab a dvd for tonight...

I was coming out of the shop when this man stops and asks me about my car. So I show him around and he is well impressed.

Then I open the engine bay and he nearly fell on his backside. He was so impressed[:D]

He said he hears me drive through the village every night on my way home and he loved the noise of the car[:D][:D][:D]

ATM I have a love - hate relationship with my car... But i think I love it at the moment[:eek:)]

(until a kinky little MkV comes along with a 3.6 engine then the old yolk will be dumped[}:)])

·
Registered
666 Posts
Flynn - Like the pic!!!

Owned the R for about 8 months and has similar many times.

Also had several groups of kids shouting "nice car mate" or similar on various occasions.

Would that happen in mk5 GTI? Maybe for about a month, but no more.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Exactly, you would'nt really get same response with the GTI. The R32 is just totally different from other MK4 Golfs , it stands out soo much.

As for the R36 not sure if this will look any better then the R32, although im sure the performance would kick serious but.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
got to agree with you sutherlandm, the looks you get in the R are fantastic, I don't think you will get those in a GTi for long.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing about the R is its yesterdays car.... But it still turns heads.

Thats what gave me the big smile on my face.

The mkv GTI can wait.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Martyn - Where do you live BTW?

I met a friendly Bristol bloke called Martin or Martyn a few weeks back who had a silver R32.

Same person?!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No matt.. I live in Northern Ireland...

Wouldn't have been me... I know most of you lot by forum names only.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably not matt...

I waved at a fellow R32er the other day and he looked at me as though I had horns.

Its just not a obsession for all owners.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah. I've seen a couple of silver ones around Bristol (Gordano and Ashton Gate) on my commute.

It is good to be stopped or pointed at by people tho. Reminds me that it is a special car.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
yep...i am looking forward to the r36 to come out also.

then i can go over to see martyn and pick up my 32,well its still martyn's at the moment but only tecnically speaking.[:D]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
still intrested.still intrested [!] your not backing out now are you.especially as you have just posted the pics of myyour new brakes.

by the way,what part of the north are you.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I still get looks in my R32 as well. I think people are not only surprised to see such a nice car but even more surprised when a chick's driving it![^]

I had a delivery at home a couple of days ago and the delivery bloke was asking me about it and seemed a)quite impressed how powerful it was and b)that I actually knew how powerful it is! I've also had double-glazing salesmen round that have taken more of an interest in the car than what they are selling!

A lot of people are surprised when they find out it has a 3.2 lump in it because to a lot of people it's "just" a normal hatchback. My brother came round this afternoon with a colleague and his colleague seemed quite surprised that it was 4WD, 3.2 etc. and after they left my brother rang me and said his colleague was asking my age, if I was single etc.[:D][:I]

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
excuse my spelling now...i know lagoneal,the bone yard and ardoin,or "the chuffing ardoin" as its known apparently.

oh and most of the bars in belfast[:D]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts