Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just returned home after a fun packed drive from having my 130PD remapped. It is much nicer to drive, and they were very friendly, took a lot of trouble to ask how I'd like it and make sure that I was happy. Top folk, top product. I'd Recommend them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 20/09/2004 18:37:48

You got 195bhp from a 130PD, looking at your sig you dont have any other mods?

If so you have just got to love Jabba.

Thats what it says on the RR printout [^]

& you're right, You've gotta love Jabba.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
195 does seem a bit high, i'd have it checked on another RR mate... jabba are known to have a high reading RR. My car has been chiped by jabba and although im sceptical about the 233bhp RR printout i couldn't be bothered less if it isnt as it drives fantastic!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dont think people question whether people are happy, but i mean come on, Nik Bs car had 187bhp and is a 150(and is by no means slow)...... so 195 from a 130 pd... Just dont buy it personally. Though i do agree its about the drive figures are pie in the sky somtimes.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am no diesel expert by any means, but have seen threads on here about 130PDs and 150Pds making far more power than claimed by VW as standard. I am sure others have seen well over 140bhp from a std PD 130. So the original 145 is not unheard of is it.

It still has 50hp more than when it went in, which for 380 sovs is pretty darn good!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by spencert on 20/09/2004 20:19:26

Maybe you can take me for a quick blast tomorrow [:)]

Sorry Spencer, You'll have to wait until Weds.[^]

As for the accuracy of the RR, it gave the original output as 145 Hp so if you knock 15 BHP off 195, assuming everything is more or less linear, you get 180, which sounds reasonable.

After all it has been scientifically proven that 72.34% of statistics are worthless [^].

At the end of the day, the car drives well, has LOADS more mid-range punch, & I'm well chuffed. The last thing I want to do is start another Jabba bashing thread, I just want to share my findings with folk.

Maybe if I get some R32 pedals It'll squeeze out a few more BHP [:D]

·
Registered
342 Posts
I recently found an explanation to why TDI'S make higher power on some rollers compared to others and it seems logical but i'm not an expert

Its to do with overboost and how its produced - on certain rollers the figures are enhanced by the amount of overboost generated at any given time

if the overboost is prolonged the torque figure records higher and further up the rev range...

·
Registered
19 Posts
As far as RR's are concerned I dont think Jabba are optimistic at all on their figures

Back in Dec mine was mapped there at 4k miles with 286BHP, it was close to freezing on that day.

In Aug, now with 15k miles, I did a RR session @ Stealth and it was 30 degrees in the workshop and showing 65 degress at inlet temps. Even then it only dropped 17bhp, which if you considere the difference in temps isnt bad at all

Going back to Stealth in Nov for another RR run, be interesting to see the results on a cold day

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote: posted by david_h on 20/09/2004 18:21:55

195.7 HP and 413.3Nm. [:D](was 145 & 339)

cost was 380 quid with Group buy discount.

[:O] They gave you group buy discount? this must be a old group buy and not the present one right? As im off to jabba soon so any discount would be great! [^]

·
Registered
25 Posts
g-master there's a group buy being organised at the moment waiting on 7 more names so unless you're already booked in put your name down matey (I have) just trying to hurry things along abit. Cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.