Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One word....WOW!!!!

Had the car at Jabba on Friday for a custom re-map and all i can say is WOW! If anyone is thinking about getting it done, stop thinking and just do it! It is by far the best money i have spent on the car!! It was defiantly worth the 2hrs 40min drive at 6am!

Anyway, the day was absolutely spot on, all members of staff were more than friendly and helpful, the area which you wait in is like a bachelor pad, nice big leather sofas, widescreen tv, x-box 360, loads of dvds to watch, loads of car mags to read, coffee machine and a spot on cafe across the road![Y]

Whilst i was waiting the guy who was doing the re-map came into the waiting area and said "who's is the black 1.8T with the 19" wheels?" and i said "umm...thats mine, why whats wrong?[:|]" and he just said "what have you done to it?? its getting 160 bhp standard?!" [:)] and i just said its completely standard, other than a Carbonio, just been very well looked after, fuel cleaner every month, only ever use V-Power, new MAF, temp sensor and throttle body clean all prior to the re-map, he just fair play to you its obviously been looked after!

Any way it took around 3hrs in total (which absolutely flew by!) Then it was ready, they guy came out, handed me my dyno report and said even we're pretty surprised with this one as we've managed to get it upto 241 bhp! [:O] I was gob smacked to say the least! Final results were;

Standard run: 160.8 bhp

New Figures:

241.5 bhp

326.0 Nm of torque (240ft lb's)

213.3 bhp at the wheels

Absolutely couldn't be happier! and i can not recommend Jabba enough!

(Sorry for the essay everyone, just got a bit excited!)[:D]

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it yeah! I couldnt believe myself! Standard run was 160 bhp! It go's like an absolute rocket now! My mate took me out in his R32 yesterday and i gotta say i think my car pulls alot better than his now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, when they gave me the car back he did say to the other blokes that work there "i just keep putting more horse power into it and the car's taking it no problem!" he was just as surprised as me! Thats why he came down and said this can't be standard?!!

I bought it off of a couple in their 50's in august '05 and it is absolutely mint, they have had GTi's since they started making them, but i wouldnt imagine they'd have done anything to it! They only got rid of it cos they emegrated to greece, they were gutted to see it go.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
wow thats a massive gain, so what else has been done to the car? just makes you wonder how close to detenation the engine is? taking it near to the limit might get high figures but you dont want it to get risky eh.

Im not trying to rain on your parade or anything, thats a very good figure, guess you got one of the good engines eh, with it being 160 before hand. What is the torque figure in lbs/ft? or have i missed that?

joN

·
Registered
621 Posts
WOW that is impresive.

I've got a turbo back Miltek, CAI, KnN filter and APR stage 2 and am apparently getting about 220-230bhp and 270-280 lbs/ft.

joN_Mega, torque figure is 240 in lbs/ft

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thats a massive gain, so what else has been done to the car? just makes you wonder how close to detenation the engine is? taking it near to the limit might get high figures but you dont want it to get risky eh.
To my knowledge nothing else has been done to car, there are alot of golfs on the site which are running similar bhp and some alot more so i wouldnt think it'd be putting to much strain on the engine, plus i'm sure the guys at jabba wouldnt give it all that bhp knowing its gonna cause me problems in the future.... well i hope not![:S]

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW that is impresive.

I've got a turbo back Miltek, CAI, KnN filter and APR stage 2 and am apparently getting about 220-230bhp and 270-280 lbs/ft.
I spoke to jabba on the phone yesterday just to say how pleased i am with the car & i did mention why i have i gained so much bhp from the re-map and they just said every now and again they get a car in that just runs really well, the engine has been run in properly, not been ragged all its life and just generally looked after well and he said yours is one of them! Think i just got lucky getting the car, the couple only had it up on autotrader a few hours before i rang, within 2 hours of me phoning them i'd driven to see it and put a deposit down!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers mate, i thought i'd better put the photos up of the dyno results otherwise i dont think no-one would of believed me!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats impessive mate! iv just got to get me jabbad! [;)]
Do it! you won't be dissapointed! i was thinking and looking into it for ages, my only regret is that i didnt get it done sooner!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I notice you say you use a fuel cleaner every so often mate...mind if i ask which one? and any tips you may have for regular care of the engine?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Really good figures.... I've got a AUM with pretty much all the usual bolt-on mods.. 100cel cat, DP, exhaust, CAI, boost controller, DV, IC Mister..... blah... blah and a Jabba Custom map.... didn't make anywhere near that thou.... sure you didnt have a sneaky bottle or 2 of CVL in there??? [:p]

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.... sure you didnt have a sneaky bottle or 2 of CVL in there??? [:p]
Nope just good old V-Power! ive definatly noticed a diference since using that stuff!

I was gonna look into trying some stuff like that, i read a post by Garym saying he uses millers i think? Will it give me a noticible difference & how much does it cost?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good stuff that'll mean your get a better result from the re-map now as you have the bigger Ko3sport turbo!

As for the fuel cleaner i just use Redex (Green bottle) about once a month, it cleans out your fuel injection system & gets rid of any crap that might be in your fuel lines or injectors, its about ?12.99 i think and its enough for about 10 uses (so about 10 months! The first time i used it the car felt more responsive to drive.

As for tips on looking after the engine all i ever do really is use decent fuel (shell V-Power), fuel cleaner every month, clean my air filter out every month, clean the MAF sensor out every so often, regular servicing and i never take the car above 3000rpm untill the engine has reached the 90 degrees mark.

Also can't go wrong with giving the throttle body a good clean out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cheers for your help buddy! you sound like a handy bloke to know when it comes to mkivs! will give the redex a try....im the same when it comes to letting the engine warm up,servicing and the v-power fuel, not sure how to clean the MAF sensor but will look up on that one

thanks again mate[Y]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts