Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back from jabba was getting some polyflex bushes fitted and a service couldnt help but overhere that they got 214bhp out of an agu 1.8t on a t plate. pretty gutted as i only got 196bhp in october. herd them say somthing about a different throtle body and it had cruise control. has anyone else got cruise control on an agu? and is the person whos golf it was on here?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 23/02/2005 20:19:05

That's a pretty impressive figure for an AGU

Don't take that figure to be 100% correct though, I don't want to start this off again but only a session on an independant unbiased rolling road will tell.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Some cars are just better than others with chipping though. My jabba'd agu made 204hp on their rollers, so that other one made 12 more than mine, on the same rollers and mine made 8 more than yours ds.

That mk4 cab that was for sale on ebay the other day (snowball 1976's) has a K04 tt 225 lump in it done by JBS with revo and made 300hp on their rollers! That's like nearly 20 more than any other k04 turbo'd 18T engine JBS or any other tuner can get from the K04!

Some motors are just better than supposed identical others.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 23/02/2005 20:24:29

Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 23/02/2005 20:19:05

That's a pretty impressive figure for an AGU

Don't take that figure to be 100% correct though, I don't want to start this off again but only a session on an independant unbiased rolling road will tell.

Have you ever had yours dyno'd at Jabba, Gary?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 23/02/2005 22:45:47

Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 23/02/2005 22:42:09

Have you ever had yours dyno'd at Jabba, Gary?

No, never been to them.

I have only ever used Dubsport, AMD and JBS.

was the outcome the same at those dyno's or was the car in different states of tune?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by blazedoobie on 23/02/2005 22:55:34

was the outcome the same at those dyno's or was the car in different states of tune?

Different states of tune:

227bhp at Dubsport

233bhp at AMD

235bhp (run1), 245bhp (run2) at JBS, run2 ran maximum boost on my SPS3.

·
Registered
557 Posts
cool!

227 with just a 3bar program and no sps? what was the difference between Dubsport and AMD? Sorry for the 3rd degree, just curious. (I have an agu and money for a ko3s) It would be interesting to see what you get on Jabbas rollers.

Oh and what size/make exhaust bbox is that?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I had Revo 4bar on for all 3 sessions.

The difference between Dubsport and AMD was just Revo SPS3 settings.

I then had a Samco TIP, and Powergasket fitted pre JBS though I was also running high octane fuel and very aggressive SPS3 settings.

My exhaust is a full Milltek turbo back with Anniversary single pipe exit (100mm / 4" diameter).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 23/02/2005 21:25:42

... has a K04 tt 225 lump in it done by JBS with revo and made 300hp on their rollers! That's like nearly 20 more than any other k04 turbo'd 18T engine JBS or any other tuner can get from the K04!

Or some figures produced on rollers is just bullpoo! It is just not possible to obtain any more than 285bhp on a 210/225 1.8T on the standard turbo and manifold. Just ask any well respected tuner. It is however possible to obtain about 290 - 295 by running an aftermarket ECU such as the Motech etc but you run the engine on a knife edge without input from knock sensors etc, so just a bad batch of fuel could cause your engine to go bang, so not too clever! Not to start a argument like some of the other recent threads, but wasn't JBS's dyno a bit optomistic when it was first installed? (And thats a serious question by the way)

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
I'm not sure lees car was ever on a dyno. I'm fairly sure the claimed 300hp was from 260hp from a remapped s3 engine with a 50shot of nos in for good luck, giving a conservative 300hp.

But yes JBS rollers read a little high when first installed, but now read standard cars (including diesels) at standard figures. Even when it was reading high, it read lower than Jabbas, and was probably on a par with stealths.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I asked him if his 300 at JBS was with Nitrous when he was selling his car, but he said no, and said it made it on JBS's rollers.

Some cars/motors are just better than others because I haven't seen anyone else claim over 290hp from a K04 equipped motor, no matter what additional mods they have.

If it made that on JBS's rollers, that is darned impressive and shows how different motors and specs can work better sometimes than others.

BTW my stock K03 jabba'd 18T made 1hp MORE at Stealth than at Jabba! Different day of course, but comparing corrected figures. torque was a tad down however but max power was shown at only 70rpm different!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts