Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i go to brake and at motorway speeds (70, 80, 90, etc) i get juddering, and it feels like the abs is kicking in.

Iv had this before about 5k miles ago and it was brake judder so i had brand new bosch pads and new discs fitted.

could this happen again so soon?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've had this 3 times in the last year, with braking at any speed.

First time (March 2010 I think) the front disks were warped. Original disks on 90k miles so got them replaced, this cured it.

Until, June / July 2010, the juddering came back. This time it was the front bushes so got them replaced and it cured it again.

December 2010, the judering came back, it was the disks again. Took it back to the garage and they replaced the disks free of charge as there must have been a fault in the disks.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I had this, but u brought some discs and pads from Eurocar parts think they where the cheapo ones (i was buying 312mm discs) and had the problem, got rid then changed to mintext discs and pads from LCP then been fine ever since!

Ian

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the track rod and track rod ends replaced 6months ago, has it aligned twice since (friend owns a garage). it was ok after i replaced the old disks and pads but recently its come back.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine have just done this on Brembo disks thats the second bloody set! Why the frig do they keep warping??

280mm disks fitted start october now mullered!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine have just done this on Brembo disks thats the second bloody set! Why the frig do they keep warping??

280mm disks fitted start october now mullered!
lots of braking creating heat then driving into a puddle ?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had the pads and discs change about 6months ago, i think it had more to do with not bedding them in properly.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Had my mot done and got an advisory on offside brake disk distorted, brilliant just the one then!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im getting this, im off to get my wheels balanced day after tomorrow, i'll let you know if that fixes it
Just had my wheels balance and its 80% gone away now, hope this helps
Im getting both front discs changed this weekend, plus my tracking.

so il post up the result of that [;)]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Had the discs and pads changed this morning. No juddering at all now. nice and smooth

1 - 13 of 13 Posts