Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my car into the service dept yesturday

Spoke to them about the judder I sometimes get when the car is warming up.

Can anyone remember what the problem was?

I remember it beeing a new ECU, but it came back as NO fault found.

How do I get them to fix this problem

Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm having an updated ECU fitted next monday, will let you know if it fixes it.

P.S there is a TSB stating the new ECU exists but don't customers unless they REALLY kick up a fuss.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yep thats right the ECU fixes this problem did it on my Bora 130PD. If you put your foot on the cluch when it happens this should cure it until you lift your foot off again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Mines started to just give one slight judder when its been running for about 3 min if it's idling. Doesn't do it at all once warmed up. Is this the same ecu judder fault?? If so mines in for a service in a few weeks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i could do with some more help here.

Saying it nearly stalled doesnt really make then go ....ok i'll change the ECU for you.

I dont want them having my car for 5 days to find a fault which only happenes twice a month sometimes.

I know its the ECU and want them to change it.

Just how to go about doing this

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote: posted by DBGTTDI on 05/10/2004 17:46:36

P.S there is a TSB stating the new ECU exists but don't customers unless they REALLY kick up a fuss.

I'm gonna kick up a fuss then as I've been waiting since March for this elusive new ECU - who's fixing yours?? Soliull??

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote: posted by ToneD on 06/10/2004 09:28:28

Quote: posted by DBGTTDI on 05/10/2004 17:46:36

I'm gonna kick up a fuss then as I've been waiting since March for this elusive new ECU - who's fixing yours?? Soliull??

Yeap, they put the order in Jan , I/they've been chasing MK every few weeks since.

It's only just arrived.

you have PM

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote: posted by iwilliams on 06/10/2004 10:17:47

how do I get them to order the part?

the 1st hurdle is finding a helpful dealer - took 3 attempts for me:

1st dealer - it's a diesel sir, what do you expect[V], no we wont have the car overnight

2nd dealer - cant find a problem

3rd dealer - we'll have car overnight.....yes we've spotted problem and yes there is a TSB for this so ordered part - have also ordered new gearbox as spotted the whining you mentioned - result[:D]

·
Registered
186 Posts
sort of related...what are the implications of replacing the ECU if your on variable servicing? would it screw this up?

·
Registered
264 Posts
mines got 800 miles 'till service so i'm not to concerned.

And yes there is a TSB for it - tell the lazy SOB's to get of their a's and look it up.

p.s. you'll need to kick up a fuss else they'll do nowt

·
Registered
135 Posts
is this judder when you are sitting idling?? I had this and they changed the flywheel - it helped for a while 2months!! now its back!! is it likely to be the ECU as well??

[xx(]

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote: posted by -GT-JOHN- on 07/10/2004 08:05:52

is this judder when you are sitting idling?? I had this and they changed the flywheel - it helped for a while 2months!! now its back!! is it likely to be the ECU as well??

[xx(]

and only during warm-up. and only 130pd engine.

had a flywheel changed and it helped for a couple of months as well.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote: posted by -GT-JOHN- on 07/10/2004 11:26:59

Should I not get them to replace the flywheel -again then? and instead push for a new ECU??[B)]

my dealer wants to change ecu then look at the flywheel later incase the ecu/judder is causing the flywheel to go.

so in answer to your Q - get both.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Quote: posted by iwilliams on 07/10/2004 11:09:16

yeah during warm up

but my engine is the pd150

I think the update is for the 130pd - I'll ask on monday if there's an update for the 150pd

1 - 20 of 63 Posts