Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Josh, definitely not too dark on the sides IMO. Not sure about the back though. Much prefer that 50% tint at night. Mine is much darker and is great over here in the day but at night I don't like driving with the windows closed all that much.

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're Stainless Steel covers made by Milotec Irish... They just stick on.

(Fabia's come with unpainted handles, so I thought "why not". I thought they might look a bit tacky, but I really like them!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The 35% rear in Josh's pictures is coming across much darker than it actually is.

He has exactly the same as me, this is my rear (so to speak)!!

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 28/12/2004 21:48:48

The 35% rear in Josh's pictures is coming across much darker than it actually is.

He has exactly the same as me, this is my rear (so to speak)!!

Posted Image

It's always difficult to tell in a photo, you've either got the light reflecting off the glass or you get a double dose of darkness from the windows behind the one that you're looking at. May be worth taking some shots of the car with windows open on one side and closed on the other. Will try that myself as mine often look totally black in photos.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Thats a good point but both Josh and myself are driving around with masking tape on the window switches and heated rear window button to save us using them for the forthcoming week!!

Its something I'll try in a week or so though.

I can't believe how the car is still very light inside!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote: posted by Josh_PoloGTi on 28/12/2004 21:56:18

(and no, I'm not comparing my fabia to a cayenne, just the tints! lol)

and the badging, which looks very cool on the Fabia! [:)]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 28/12/2004 22:13:20

Thats a good point but both Josh and myself are driving around with masking tape on the window switches and heated rear window button to save us using them for the forthcoming week!!

Its something I'll try in a week or so though.

I can't believe how the car is still very light inside!!

What? Never heard of that one before! Buggered up the tint on my driver's door window when my window regulator broke and I went exploring [:I]. Took it to Mr Window Tint man who sorted it out in about an hour and that was that. Was able to use window from day one without any problems and that was over two years ago. Maybe you've got the high tech tint Gary with the photo-bonded molecular resin that causes the colour to be absorbed by the glass molecules, where as over here we just have the old low tech sticky stuff. [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Well Chris, that just went right over my head!!

Best place for it after way too many Bacardi Breezers [:D]

Seriously though, he did recommend not to use the windows or heated rear screen for around a week due to the colder temperatures we are experiencing at present.

Summer tints would only need a couple of days to cure.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Liam advised same with me but as it was summertime, he said a couple of days minimum.

I really must get Liam to do my Mk5 now.....he's keen to do one....and i'm keener than him to have it done!!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 28/12/2004 22:39:53

Just messing, nothing serious. Put it down to the Christmas spirit and the fact that I've just starting having another go at all the bottles of Guinness still in the fridge!

Seriously though, it's obviously just a temperature thing which is why it's not a factor here.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by pope1 on 28/12/2004 23:00:53

Quote: posted by GaryM on 28/12/2004 22:39:53

Just messing, nothing serious.

I know that, just acting daft myself as its the season for it [:eek:)]

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks even better clean mate!

Fabia's are nice cars as is, my uncle had one for a courtesy car and loved it, was only a 1.4 too.

But your vRS looks well nice!

How about those porker tail pipes on your vRS, wouldnt look too bad i think, hehe, lol!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tints look good too, the back does seem a little too dark compared to the sides, i know its 50% sides and 35% rear, but looks darker. i guess its just the angle of the windscreen, the light and distance compared to GaryM's, although he did go for the limo tint on the rear[;)], lol, hehe!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts