Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i bought my Golf back in march last year as my second car after driving my 106 1.5 diesel for 2years, i was hoping on getting a GT TDI 115 but after having a go in my mates 1.6 mk1 Leon i decided to get a 1.6 Golf and the insurance was cheaper to so result.

Anyway this is how she came back in March 2010, Reflex silver 1.6 SE with Bora alloys

Posted Image

Driving it home from just buying it i thought id put some tunes on ... only to find out the front door speakers had blown so a week later i got a new kenwood head unit and Kenwood kfc-p705ie 220w front speakers and tweaters

Next i wanted to change the sound of the car a little but didnt really fancy going down the exhaust route on a 1.6 so i opted for the K&N 57i induction which i love the sound of and wouldnt change it for a different filter

After a few months i really wanted some new alloys and looked at Audi RS4's, R8's and RS6's then found a GT TDI being broken on ebay so i had these 18" mk5 R32 reps off it as they were a good price and i havent seen many mk4's with them on in my area so thought id be a bit different

Posted Image

Now the alloys were on and more open and spokey compared to the Bora alloys

i got some blue hammerite paint and painted the brake calipers

Posted Image

A month went by and i hadnt made any other changes so i thought about changing the front grille to black,

so i looked on ebay and found a black grille in excellent condition for a good price

Grille before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Around the same time i looked at getting some GTI smoked rear lights

as i really dont like the standard rear lights

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

No mods really took place for a while so in August i bought a JOM Airblade front splitter after looking for an anni kit for a while

i thought id go for the Airblade as i think it looks a bit more aggressive and dont see it so much

Posted Image

A few little touches followed this stubby aerial, changed my rear wiper to a Fabia wiper

and changed my rear badge for a Sharan badge

Posted Image
Posted Image

As the winter slowly appraoched i got a mk5 rear wiper so it doesnt hit the spoiler when its fitted, some 6000K Hid's

then my girlfriend bought me my FK angel eye headlights which i was made up with, so on boxing day after 4 hours they were on

And finally (for the moment) i booked my car into the local bodyshop to have my anni roof spoiler and 4motion rear valance

fitted and all the body mouldings, door handles, front and rear valance and spoiler all colour coded

Heres a few before and after pics:

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/jonnygordon/MK4%20Golf/DSC00862copy.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/jonnygordon/MK4%20Golf/DSC04828.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/jonnygordon/MK4%20Golf/DSC05113.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/jonnygordon/MK4%20Golf/DSC04841.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/jonnygordon/MK4%20Golf/DSC05231.jpg

Im very happy with the way she looks now only bit im not too sure about is the colour coded mesh in the front valnce

i may in time spray it black like the grille

Other changes for the future:

• 6x9 speakers or sub in rear
  • Vinyl wrap the door pilliars in black
  • Tidy up the interior maybe with net optic
  • Might lower it but im not too sure about it

Cheers for looking and leave some comments [:D]

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
looking good buddy, i think a subtle drop, ~40mm would really set those 18s off [Y]

I wouldn't bother with 6x9s though. I went down the door speaker route and fitted Vibe slicks all round (kinda wish i had gone for the more expensive black airs now) all running off a 4 chan amp, the sound from them is pretty impressive, and still looks totally OEM...

And keep an eye out for leather interiors popping up on ebay, you can get some real bargains [Y]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, Yea I was thinking only a little drop on springs but lowering might be inpractical for where I drive, yea did think do all the door speakers but a nice sub and amp set up has come up for sale on here I might get if not prob be door speakers like u said or stealth shelf and vibe 6x9's

·
Registered
846 Posts
looking very decent mate. even from the new set of alloys, changed the look of the car. if u choose the right rims, you're on to a winner.

got any pics of the interior?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No interior pics atm as its just the usual black SE seats and interior. will have pics up in a few days tho as iv just finished putting my boot build sub in the back

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally gave in to getting a sub after months of deciding weather to have 6x9's or a sub after looking in the classifieds on here i found this Fusion sub and amp setup with false floor which im very pleased with

Posted Image

·
Registered
451 Posts
nice looking car mate, where did you get the anniversary boot spoiler from, as i brought one from a guy on ebay for round 70 quid and i cant put it on it dont sit straight on the boot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine 2nd hand on ebay, mine did the same it banana'd the wrong way it took 2 blokes sikaflex and a lot of tape and weights to pin it down to get it to fit nice

·
Still a newbie
5,822 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When i bought it it said 'induction kit' but all it consists of is 1 bit of flexi duct and the air filter but because the filters more round than a cone i havent used the duct just put the filter on. It sounds sweet when you boot it nice rumble but its good around town too because its not really noticeable at low revs until you boot it

·
Registered
451 Posts
the guy at the bodyshop i went to goes it wont stick with just the bonding and will need to screwed into the boot, but i didnt want to damage the boot so left it. how long have you had yours bonded on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Iv had mine on since the new year now and it hasn't moved, I said to my bodyshop did it need 2 screws and they said the sikaflex would hold it and they don't advise screwing it to the boot lid incase it rust gets in, providing the bondings left to set for around 12-15hrs they said u can then drive to about 50mph then once it's had a day or more to fully set you don't need to worry about keeping the speed down

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After contemplating weather to get an S3 or R32 last night i bit the bullet and bought my new mk4, 53 plate black R32

Heres a few pics

Both my Golfs

Posted Image

R32

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 36 Posts