Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I've not gone bonkers !

Bought a small bottle to try it out, as I've been told its all the rage on the concours scene.

All i can say is "WOW !!!"[:O]

It really does work well, better than NXT shampoo I'd say.

For ?1.34 its worth trying.

·
Mk4 for 13 years
993 Posts
Is this instead of using normal car shampoo - like put it in a bucket with water  etc.....?

·
Registered
371 Posts
No it won't, its very mild and has been recommended for years.
Never used it myself though.
hmmm....might be worth a try then especially if it is better than nxt as jace says and as the nxt is 13.99 a bottle!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Is it just regular J&J baby shampoo? are there different kinds?

I have just used the FLASH car wash system thing and am really pleased with it, except that it produces very little lather.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
very interesting! i might have to give this a go. Its not april 1st is it?? Next we will be drying our cars with brillo pads.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"I swear on our christines eyes"

This is no BS !, it does work, just chuck it in the bucket & fill as per normal & wash, then rinse.

I just went for the standard stuff, its in a goldy coloured bottle, but I'm sure the fragranced versions will work just as well.

Go on, live a little.....

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I gave some Johnsons & Johnsons a try yesterday and can confirm it is indeed top stuff, pleasantly susprised! [Y]

picked some up off my bro-in-law as he's got two little kids, and did a swap for my nearly empty bottle of Megs. NXT, the J&J worked really well on the Bora and he said that he NXT has brought little Emily aged 2 up a treat with a great shine to boot..... [;)][:p]

Only downside i can see is that my neighbour has officially upgraded my car cleaning 'fetish' from obsessive to downright worrying!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've just put it down on the wifes shopping list when she goes to Tesco's. She is a little worried tho that i now want to bath the car in baby soap, As if she doesnt think i'm obsessed over the car any way !!!!!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
No I've not gone bonkers !

Bought a small bottle to try it out, as I've been told its all the rage on the concours scene.

All i can say is "WOW !!!"[:O]

It really does work well, better than NXT shampoo I'd say.

For ?1.34 its worth trying.
Been using this for years although I'm not so sure it is better than NXT shampoo, maybe just different!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea but on your rusty old bucket what da ya expect [;)]

BTW, we all know which J&J product you prefer [:p]

·
Registered
730 Posts
... and whilst washing your car do you have to use baby talk like "who's a lovely boy then eh? who's a lovely boy" to get better results [;)]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts