Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
I have only took the one picture since getting it home as its pretty minging from the drive home as the weather has turned shat again.

IMAG1688-1_zpsedd84062.jpg

IMAG1732_zps6b91f37a.jpg

Initial thoughts are its awesome to drive, although I can't get used to not slowing down for speed bumps
new-chuckle.gif

The interior is MINT no marks, or wear on the full leathers, and even the buttons are mint which for an Audi is rare as they usually wear badly. It has a fantastic service history with two new tyres, new pads all round, and rear discs changed for the last MOT at the end of November so it runs sweet as a nut. Also it seems faster than the Bora was as standard so I'm planning on getting it on a dyno at some point to see if its been mapped, but I'm only the 3rd owner. The first one was a woman as a company car, then the old dude I bought it off so I doubt it, but it would be nice to know for insurance purposes.

At the minute my only dislike is the full leather seats, I know that sounds backwards and arsey, but I much prefer 1/2 leathers. I'm going to give it a month to see how I get on with them, then if I still feel the same I'll either buy some 1/2 leathers, or find someone with a set that wants to swap me.

As it stands I'm now flat broke so there will be no mods for a month or so, but as a Brucey bonus it came with a private plate that I've had valued at £700, so I'll sell that and buy some coilovers
emotion-2.gif

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Another convert lmfao, lovely to driver arnt they pal, mine needs slamming now lol, which engine you got

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote user="Co4"]

money incoming soon I'm almost paid :p

lovely car btw

[/quote]

Ha ha cheers Jay

[quote user="Wigandill"]

Another convert lmfao, lovely to driver arnt they pal, mine needs slamming now lol, which engine you got

[/quote]

Yeah its a nice drive, but as soon as the plate sells the coilovers are being ordered. Its the 130pd mate, stick to what you know as they say

[quote user="jd7861"]

Lovely man how much did that set you back? I might be in the market for one soon.

[/quote]

PM'd mate

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right even though I'm on the bones of my arse I figured I've got loads of tins of beans in the cupbord, and bread is only a quid so I'll be ok for my dinners at work all month

I've still not took any pictures as I gave it a good clean on Sunday afternoon, but then we went to Southport on Monday and it's now full of sand inside, and full of bugs, sand, and general shiznit on the outside.
Oh and hound snot on the rear windows thanks to mans best friend aka Bailey

Just a couple of pics of stuff like the heater trim without wear, which doesn't sound that exciting, but it is literally the only one I've seen on my hunt for one of these

The cup holder which tbh is useless compared to the Mk4/Bora one, so I found a good use for it

Anyway I purchased a few bits for it today, nothing expensive or exiting, but this helps me keep track of stuff

Sidelights

Silver indicators

Main beam, and dipped beam
I got the two packs for £40 from my local motor factors as they didn't have the standard night breakers

Fogs (you can't get night breakers in H11)

Audi TT black rear view as mine came with a grey one

·
see oh four
3,038 Posts
And so begins the modding adventure of the Audi

i do a lot of valeting in work and sand is my worst enemy

not only is it near impossible to get out but you get it In the eyes trying to Hoover it up

on and kudos on the heaters quite rare to see them not worn

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I had a bit of a bad weekend

Got home from work at 7am Saturday and couldn't get to sleep for ages and I had to get up at 1pm as I had a busy afternoon planned of taking stuff off the Bora. Also I had someone coming round for some bits and for me to have a look over their car and scan it with vag-com as they had just bought it and knew nothing about diesels.

My side light bulbs didn't turn up so I didn't fit my bulbs this weekend as I wanted to do them all at once as you have to remove the light cluster to swap the bulbs out and I can't be arsed doing it twice in a few days.

My TT mirror came Friday so I thought right everything for Gaz is off now so I'll fit that. Took the grey one off, opened up the APC bag and the fecking thing had been pulled off instead of twisted off. Not only was the tab that should be attached to the screen stuck in the mirror base, the bit in the mirror that clips to the base had been broken by pulling it off so I couldn't even use it with my base.
At this point I was as you can imagine rather ticked off due to being tired and having my time and money wasted. Then when putting the old mirror back on I knocked it off the base and as I was angry and tired I just pushed it onto the base which was attached to the screen, and you guessed it I've cracked the screen. It isn't the end of the world as it had a few small stone chips in it so I'll wait a few weeks then claim one through my insurance.

On a brighter note my side light bulbs finally turned up today, and I got a full refund for the TT mirror so I'll order another one. Also my old man has made me a pair of blanking plates so I can delete the pipe form the exhaust manifold to the EGR.

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To be honest I'm not overly bothered about the screen as there are a couple of little chips in it, I'm more annoyed at myself for not taking the base back off the screen before reattaching the mirror, but shiz happens

Pm me them jd, or pm me a link to his build if he has one

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right my seats from the Bora have sold so my coilover fund has just been replenished after I bought an iPhone with it the other day.

The lad is coming from Sheffield next Sunday for me to fit, and wire them in. I've got a couple of other things I want to order though like a service kit, and some polyurethane so they might have to wait until payday, but things are finally looking down for the Audi

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Right Tuesday I got a bit of time to myself so I set aboutchanging all of my bulbs, bar the fogs as they were that fused i snapped my T20bit so I've sprayed them with a bucket load of WD40 to soak, and I will try toget them swapped at the weekend if I have time.

Here is a little comparison shot of the standard and nightbreaker bulbs next to each other
IMAG1847_zps19fd297a.jpg

mmmmmmmm look at those sexy golden bits
IMAG1848_zps3cbbfe34.jpg
IMAG1850_zps97962346.jpg

Right down to the nitty gritty, and before you start if your planning on doing this in front of the car because your lazy and can't be bothered walking all the way to the kitchen table get a nice big piece of cardboard.

There are 4 Torx bolts/screws holding each light unit inplace.
There are two on top that are clearly visible
IMAG1834_zps3d16fc42.jpg

One down the left hand side by the radiator hose
IMAG1836_zps734a8160.jpg
IMAG1839_zps6e062e5d.jpg

One down by the power steering reservoir
IMAG1838_zpsd1ef6859.jpg
IMAG1840_zps0558d649.jpg

The two on the top need to come out completely, but the twoat the bottom only need to be loosened off.
There is a little plug that holds part of the loom to theunit that you have to pull out also that is on the inside
48ea8387-6fe9-4e87-9024-262db1accd0c_zps

Once this has been done the unit will slide out a few inchesto allow better access to the main loom plug.
Once out a few inches you can then get a flat headedscrewdriver into the release hole for the loom which needs to be pulled off theunit to fully pull it out
IMAG1851_zps411383bf.jpg

The drivers side involves a little bit more as you have toremove the cold air feed pipe, but this is only a case of removing two screwsthat you can see below. Once these have been removed you simply pull the twopieces of plastic pipe up, and the top piece just clips into the air box.
IMAG1864_zps6bae1fcc.jpg

Also be mindful of the bonnet release cable whenremoving/refitting the drivers side as it passes along the top of the lightunit
IMAG1860_zps1e63aff1.jpg

Then there are two on top again
IMAG1858_zpsf5f8ff16.jpg

One on the inside where you can also see the small loom plugneeds to be pulled out
IMAG1856_zps2773672a.jpg

And one down the back near the air box
IMAG1857_zps5c79baa1.jpg

Now remember that piece of card I spoke of earlier well thisis where you use it. Stick it on the floor so you can put the light unit downwithout damaging it.

There are two metal clips that need to be popped open so youcan remove the plastic covers. You can use your fingers so don't be tempted touse a screwdriver, or similar as you will most likely break them.
IMAG1841_zps27324389.jpg
IMAG1842_zps4f28e863.jpg

The indicator bulb holders simply twist then pull out. It'sat this point that you need to put a clean pair of gloves on as the oil, dirt,and grease on the gloves you have on will just damage your nice new bulbs.
IMAG1843_zpsc276cd79.jpg
IMAG1844_zpseb8961c2.jpg

When you take the plastic covers off you will notice thatthe sidelight holder is hidden behind the leveling motor, but it simply twistsout of the way
IMAG1846_zps2c67d6ab.jpg
IMAG1845_zps7bca45f1.jpg

Once you have replaced the bulbs its time to fit the lightunits back into the car which is pretty easy you simply push them back in sothat the clips sit into the bottom of the light and around the lower screws.
IMAG1861_zps7883013c.jpg
IMAG1863_zpsf564b91c.jpg

If the lights won't simply push in with minimal effort thenthey aren't lined up properly, so don't force them just pull them back out abit and try again. Once in you just have to push the loom plug back on until itclicks, and clip the little loom back onto the side.

Then sit back and enjoy no more orange in your headlights,and much better light output.

30375F2B-8121-4E0B-AFDF-FA6515912C3A_zps

IMAG1865_zpsee516398.jpg

1 - 20 of 407 Posts