Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I wonder if the front lip of a Jetta GLi, could fit on my mkIV...

I made an invistigation if I could buy it from a VW dealer in Greece, but they told me that this lip is available only for the USA market...

The lip is like this, and it is ready for paint!

What is your opinion?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Looks nice. Looks alot like the anniversary splitter, but with some little side vents - looks slightly more aggresive! I like it!!

It looks like it fits onto a standard bumper too.

If you manage it! Post some pics - I would certainly be interested!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sorry to shoot you down, but someone on here has already done it!! It looks sweet, if I find the thread i'll post up the link!

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you don't shoot us down, my friend veedubdude!!!

You are taking us off...!!!

I will update this thread every minute waiting for your reply with the link!!!!! [8-|] Thank you!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right.

I have to do some modification to fit it on, but I have a tinman, who he will do perfect mounting [:)]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good morning mates!

Ideas... ideas... ideas...

Something going on with my mind and drop off ideas...[*-)]

Last night I was net hunting and I found out this:

As you can see it is the same in front with mine (except of course the valence)

What do you think? GLi front lip or R32 bumper? I know that the cost for the R32 bumper is much higher, but also is more aggresive! Do you think?

What is the cost in UK for the front R32 valence? Complete with grills and adaptors [:cool:]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
best bet is oem parts £378 i think that includes all grills and arch extensions,only prob get R32 bumper is the standard back bumper wont match,as in bump strip,thats what is stopping me get one[:(]

http://www.oemparts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=897
Wow! they are a little bit expensive for Greek market.

For example I just buy this from my VW dealer in Athens for 26,50euro (about £17,60) and oem parts shells it for £27!

I will ask for a quotation for R32 bodykit from Greece and I will let you know!!! [:D]

Cheers!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you my mate!

I think that I will go for the R32 front bumper (I am full of ideas [:p] and i can't deside!)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i'm trying to get a gli lip at the moment the best place in the us is ecs tuning

they do fit on a golf as weesummy shows but its just a lot of small alterations to make it fit perfect

1 - 17 of 17 Posts