Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Not sure personally.

Too much smoothing IMO and not a fan of the wheels or grill but hey ho, if you like it thats what counts.

I saw the pictures of the interior and liked that though.

I saw a mk4 in belgium that had smoothed the whole of the front bumper no lower grills at all which was interesting, god knows how hot his engne got with very minimal cooling.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
also I would suggest dropping a size on the wheels as they look like they dont fit IMO to large for the rear and I dont mean in width some wide ass 17's I think would suit better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your comments esp the walrus.

let me know what you mean with the wheels looking too big? they are only 18" and not 19" like some peeps have?

if anything the coilovers need dropping more i would have thought?

yeah its not the usual style of wheel the Vag scene go for but as they are different i've stuck with them as i've thought about trading for a while now..

but when they are on the car in the flesh then i like them..

not many to choose from unless you follow the sheep or looking very hard... its hard to choose a wheel that suits a mk4.. imo.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
The car looks awesome in my opinion! Well done mate, its spot on! Smoothing and rims look the part. At the end of the day, its all down to personal opinion. Rims look well nice on the car! [Y]

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Yep def drop the coilovers front and rear if you have the enough on the collar to do so, what I mean about the alloys is that I like a nice wide rim but not when it sticks outside the arch to the point where you dont get that hunkered down look that for me rocks is what I am trying to say.

If you went with 17's on a set of rims say 9.5-10's on the rear with a deep dish I think it would just work better, from the pics and the angle's I can only see them from an angle that shows that they are proud of the arches which does not work for me whatever the car, the only suggestion I have would be to either roll or extend the arch which can be done to give a subtle flare.

If you want to know why I dont like smoothing it is that it just leave's the car looking bland. On mk2's and mk1's it works due to the swathe line on them running front to back so the metal was not so flat and feature less like on the mk4 and mk5 as well as most modern fords and alfa's it just feels like there is to much metal without any detail or design to break it up and distract or pull in the eye.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
It looks like a mint car mate.. but i wouldn't of blackened the grill and side mirrors.. bit ott for me.. simple and less is more...

Sat [y]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love the colour coded & smoothed bumpers. Not sure on the Lights and the grill though, but thats down to personal preference

Overall a Damn Sexy Looking Car

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I spose I don't need to say it again, but 'stunner' more or less sums up my thoughts on your car. Don't listen to The Walrus he knows nothing [:p]

seriously though I don't think I've seen a pic of this car really do it justice, in the metal it just looks amazing, please don't sell the rims unless to me ok!

·
Registered
66 Posts
those wheels are the best wheels iv seen, and thers is NO such thing as to smooth!!!!

lovely car well done mate!!!

they look like image wheels, which are hand made to perfection and very expesive

STUNNING

1 - 20 of 23 Posts