Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 90% secured a passenger German spec mirror.  Now where can I source a Jap spec passenger one ??  must be leccy.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I know, but its the 'at a price' bit that worries me !! I can get a German one delivered for about 25 - 30 squid !!

Are the R32 ones the same ??? Might try a scrappy.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
175mm = Standard width

150mm = R32 / Anniversary width

125mm = Stubby width, inc Jap and most European passenger side mirror (our driver's side)

I paid about ?110 delivered for my Jap passenger side from ebay Germany I'll try and dig the seller's name out. Shaq will get you one for a good price though and if I bought another I'd go to him [:)]

·
Registered
857 Posts
i recomend shaq [Y] he sorted mine out for a good price, the mirrors seemed tiny at first, but now im so used to them "normal" sized mirrors just seem over the top lol

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
wow!

did you have to get it painted yourself?

can you put jap spec ones on both sides? that legal? possible?

hurry up and get 'em on car, i wanna see it!

wat sorta prices?

shaq, do a GB on them!!!!

jammy

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

I painted these myself and I went through an MOT no problems. Driver side's not that easy to see out of when you're used to normal mirrors but you get used to it [y]

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
they look ace, having mine sprayed for ?30 which i cant realy complaine about, ill crack some pics up when they go on around the weekend

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow!

can you put jap spec ones on both sides? that legal? possible?

jammy
Jammy,

You will need a German spec passenger side (UK Drivers side) and a Jap spec passenger side (UK passenger side). German ones are on Ebay.de try a search for VW Golf 4 spiegel, you then need a rechts (right) side.

·
Registered
795 Posts
probably a stupid question, but why do you need different spec mirrors i.e one jap on german? Do they not make driver and passenger jap or german spec mirrors?

seems odd to me

Deano

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
they have one long and one ehorter in these two countries, one for left hand driving and one for right hand side,

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Left and right side mirror housings are also "bent in" different amounts depending on whether they are for left or right hand drive fitments.

Do you have any issues with this? i.e. mirror glass at maximum extension one way to get correct view out of it etc. It looks like the drivers mirror in above photo is adjusted right out.

Also can you get blue tinted lenses and also an aspherical (split) mirror for the RHD drivers side?

They look hawt.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Anyone need stubby mirrors one or two drop us a PM [:)]

Cheers
C
As i have a left hand drive car my passanger mirror is the stubby one but i would like to have the other one tooooo[:D]

What sort of dosh are we talking mate?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts