Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy!

i'm an official member of the BCS squad......

lets begin with a quick relook at what arrived a few weeks ago........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(sorry for no pics of the skirts, just look naff really :p )

as you can see, justmatz supplied me with a plate surround (WOLFSBURG EDITION), a uk-mkiv member supplied me the number plate plinth, ebay.de sent me the clear outer grilles....

the centre grill? well, BCS ran out of them, he suggested a trip to my local stealer, which i did, they said "yes mr gullible, we have lots, see you in 3 working days"

only to be told "sorry sir, we have one coming first class on leather recaros from germany for you. see you in 7-10 working days"

don't get me started on the arch lining extensions, i think the bloke i ordered from got lucky the night before, NEVER have i had such a helpful monkey!

a random ebay auction later......

Posted Image

(still drying and the broom is to stop it sagging!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

yes, i am currently driving around with one skirt on. i know, i am a silly boy!

wat about the front bumper, i hear you say, well listeners, tune in friday where you'll see it after spraying, fitted and i'll tell you where to get freshly made plates for ?20 a pair!

hope you like what you see!

cheers,

jammy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Single sideskirts and broom spoiler supports could be the next big thing, you could be a styling visionary. [:p]

I'd check on the delivery of you centre grille as I ordered one from my dealer and 2 months later no sign of the flipping thing, specially ordered my butt cheeks [:mad:]

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Single sideskirts and broom spoiler supports could be the next big thing, you could be a styling visionary. [:p]
cheers darlin' [H]

I'd check on the delivery of you centre grille as I ordered one from my dealer and 2 months later no sign of the flipping thing, specially ordered my butt cheeks [:mad:]
hmmmm, i heard something like they're not makin R32 parts anymore or something?

if i can't get it i'll cancel and buy one from ebay.de :)

cheers,

jammy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey!

just another mini update:

Posted Image

Posted Image

YES! i managed to get the R32 arch lining extenders!

part numbers?

1J0 806 569
1J0 806 570

TOTAL COST - ?30 (yes, thats ?15 each, for a small piece of plastic, disgusting!)

heres my dash that i've had redone in LC9Z (Black Magic Pearl)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry for poor quality, rubbish phone! first pic you can see my t shirt ha! bit better than the old wood!

just gotta replace the gaiter with a certain black GTI from VWSpeed now :)

hope you like!

next big update is friday, with the bumper!!!

jammy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i look forward to seeing how well your front bumper fits [:p]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
why do you say it like that? i know it doesn't fit perfectly! [:p]

jammy
coz mines not perfect and i wanna see if bodycarstylings stuff is the same everytime.

gonna take my bumper off soon and have a fiddle to make it perfect - it can be done so im told [:p]

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
why do you say it like that? i know it doesn't fit perfectly! [:p]

jammy
coz mines not perfect and i wanna see if bodycarstylings stuff is the same everytime.

gonna take my bumper off soon and have a fiddle to make it perfect - it can be done so im told [:p]
really? well i'll have another play with it on friday, but i know that its not from trial fitting it (drill the holes out before spraying it)

it bulges out at the sides [:(]

i got a LCR splitter to glue onto it too some how!

jammy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just realised why it doesn't fit perfectly!

when you try to line the arch up with it, you pull it tight to get a screw into it!

with the extensions i have, i won't have the problem!!!

i reckon it'll be a perfect fit!

jammy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i just realised why it doesn't fit perfectly!

when you try to line the arch up with it, you pull it tight to get a screw into it!

jammy
my problem is that the front bumper is about 1cm too wide on the drivers side. so the front with (arch line) comes down and then the front bumper sticks out a bit wide for it.

is that what you mean?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

jammy
these are the r32 linings isit?

how much were they?

when you get the bumper fitted ill see what it comes out like then maybe ill get some

thanks

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its not a genuine one veedubs! i paid ?235 from ebay for bumper and skirts. spraying i haven't paid for it yet!

i know i should of taken pics after i washed it on friday afternoon, but i was in a rush.

after a 340 mile round trip (bournemouth to GTI International and back) its filthy!!!!

i'll be honest, the fits not perfect. like skierandy's it bulges at the sides [:(]

the arch extensions work well though and seeing lots of R32's yesterday showed i had done it right [:)]

pics will be up soon, lemme wash it first.

jammy

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heres some piccies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i just need to screw the extension in at the top! [:)]

Posted Image

i brightened this one so you can see the clear grilles from ebay.de and my dodgy ducting/air intake for the induction kit!

Posted Image

justmatz supplied the plate surround, myshowplates.com supplied the new number plate.

proper kamei grille from awesome GTI and all thats left to do at the mo is put the LCR splitter on!

hope you like it!

jammy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
on my car the bumper fits much worse on the drivers side than the passenger side. could have been the way it was fitted.

when i get the bumper off and have a fiddle ill tell you if i can get it perfect [:p]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Your r32 bumpered cars looking good. Do the replica bumpers have a recess for the vw badge? and hows your bumper handling the stone chips and stuff?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts