Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard so much about ZYMOL & how good it is (& smells)I bought some yesterday & decided to give it try.

Used the ZYMOL shampoo last night & it was very good & gave a good shine & water bead, so today I drove 45mile to use my days aircraft hanger sized garage, heres the results below of my 8hrs hard graft, worth it I'm sure you'll agree.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like i said, washed it last night with the Zymol, then did the whole car with Maguiars scratch-x to get rid of any little swirls/marks, then I used Maguiars Clay over all the painted surfaces, applied next was Zymol clean wax, followed by a finishing coat of P21S canuba wax. On the plastic/rubber areas, Maguiars NXT Tech Protectant.

Now its raining[:(!]

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Thats a wicked shine!!!, lots of effort ,but definately worth it, you couldn,t do mine could you? lol!

zak

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 12/09/2004 00:03:08

wow look nice so you selling it looklike it should be in show room

Noooo not selling her, always like her very clean, not like my women, I like them very dirty[:D]

NIKB,

I Used Maguiars NXT Tech Protectant on all rubber/plastic..applied by being brushed on, not by the bottle spray top, very messy I find.

Feelin the pain this morning, in my shoulders & arms[:(], like they say though, no pain, no gain......

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by scarum on 12/09/2004 10:14:16

10 out of 10

Wheels looking brand spanking new too, have you refurbished them?

Nope, still factory finished, the wheels got the same treatment as the bodywork, scratch-x, clay, zymol & P21S.I also cleaned the insides of the wheels too & that makes a massive difference to how they look.

God I ache today [B)]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah defo mate, i often clean the inside of the wheels too like you say makes a difference! car is looking very nice mate good work!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
V bonny! I think the Golf looks superb in black,I would have got a black one mesell but couldn't find a black 130 or 150 for love nor money when I was looking.

After spending ages doing the car you feel its a shame to take it on the road and get it mucky ;-)

Black badges are v smart imho.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looking good!! Thats it, I'm gonna have to do mine, well thats next weekend sorted, or will I just bunk off work tomorrow??!

Top job, top car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts