Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car there the other day for a custom map and boy can them guys work some magic. Was there for quite a while but well worth the wait. Would recomened them to anyone thinking of having a custom map/chip.

End result: 232bhp from a standard 1.8T

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Took my car there the other day for a custom map and boy can them guys work some magic. Was there for quite a while but well worth the wait. Would recomened them to anyone thinking of having a custom map/chip.

good going mate! hate to burst your bubble but from what i have read by allot of people on here is that jabbas rollers are way over read. dont quote me on this but this is what i have read. but i bet the car is totaly different now [:D]. it felt good when i got my revo.

cheers

myk3

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice figures mate, what was your car dyno'd at before they mapped it? Their premisis are pretty cool, eh?
Came in at 168 befor. Thats was with their induction kit on and heat sheild.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
good going mate! hate to burst your bubble but from what i have read by allot of people on here is that jabbas rollers are way over read. dont quote me on this but this is what i have read. but i bet the car is totaly different now [:D]. it felt good when i got my revo.
Agreed, you are unlikely to see more than 212bhp from a standard remapped 1.8T

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Agreed, you are unlikely to see more than 212bhp from a standard remapped 1.8T
From a generic map, maybe.

Custom maps can and do give more.

MRCTuning_Doug is the perfect example with 227bhp and 269lbft with nothing but his custom map.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Agreed! and did'nt i read in another thread some where that mkiv turbo got similar power at star's rr and jabba's ? So they can't be that out can they?

·
Registered
141 Posts

When i had my previous 150 BHP 1.8 T re-mapped

Results were 197bhp / 223Ibft

150 Turbos should not normaly see more than 207 bhp remapped from stock....

·
Registered
7,208 Posts

Was yours a non-DBW AGU with the smaller K03 turbo?

DBW AUM/AUQ 1.8T's make more due to them coming with a K03sport turbo as standard.

Power output will vary depending on where you get mapped but most will
be in the same ballpark apart from the better custom mappers.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

I'm assuming your old 1.8T was an AGU with a K03 turbo then, 197/223
are pretty spot on figures for a remapped AGU. The newer 150's
with the K03S turbo usually see much higher figures as the K03S turbo has a
3mm bigger compressor wheel, so able to flow more air.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Agreed! and did'nt i read in another thread some
where that mkiv turbo got similar power at star's rr and jabba's ? So
they can't be that out can they?
Yup I sure did, one thing to note though, when the car was dyno's at Star, ambient air temp was about 0 deg. C.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Mine won't be installed for a few weeks yet [:(]

[:D]
Why's that???

Are you waiting for it to be made or are you waiting for spare time to fit the kit...
I didn't buy a kit, I'm putting together my own [Y]

Got a core coming from kinetic motorsport in canada, will need to weld on new brackets to position it where i want.

Buying up some aluminium pipes and bends

42 draft map bung

Then cutting it all myself with a mate and having a local place tig weld it all up [:D]

On that score if anyone wants a slightly bashed up but fully functional Forge SMIC for ?100 let me know [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Got a core coming from kinetic motorsport in canada, will need to weld on new brackets to position it where i want.

42 draft map bung

Then cutting it all myself with a mate and having a local place tig weld it all up [:D]
It will be good, as you will have it the way you want... hope you get it sorted ok and don't forget to take photos of your progress... good luck [:D]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

42 draft map bung

It will be good, as you will have it the way you want... hope you get it sorted ok and don't forget to take photos of your progress... good luck [:D]
I will,

If anyone wants i will take measurements etc incase anyone wants to replicate the pipework [Y]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts