Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd write a little about whats made me smile all afternoon. I decided to take my much loved Bora TDI to Jabba, only having 100 bhp performance well you couldn't really call it performance didn't exist. I rang them on Tuesday this week booked it in for the custom remap (?425) , really helpful people on the phone and sorted the booking for Thursday. Got there a bit late but it didn't matter they took the bora straight to the rolling road. I kicked back and relaxed in they really comfortable waiting room and 3 and half hours later, the bora emerged. The tech took it for a test and returned, explained to me that the first run the bora only pushed out 93.6hp at 3198rpm/258Nm at 1870rpm , relising that it was underpowered he checked the air filter and found it was F**ked!!, and with a replacement standard filter got me back to 98.2hp at 3988rpm/259Nm at 1873 nealy 5 bhp from a new standard vw filter!! Now the exciting bit for me i now have a Bora that pushes out 145.2hp at 3683rpm and 374Nm at 2391rpm!! The Tech said i could achieve more torque but i would need a uprated clutch. The drive home was truely awesome pulling in every gear, acceleration and a increase in top end speed. Truely money well spent. Now i thinks i need a uprated panel filter and some sport springs. I really recommend Jabba Sport Custom Remaps it was so worth it !!

I'll stop ranting...

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Glad to hear your happy, im going to take my car for a custom remap when ive finished a few more performance mods

·
Registered
881 Posts
Glad your happy with it bud, took mine to them a short while back, couldn't be happier!

But i've totally got the bug now and want more, more, more! [6]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
thats what im afraid of i have decided to stick with the Kos3 turbo instead of upgrading but am planning to do all i can for it to see me at 260bhp that should be enough...... he says..... i rember when i got my car it felt so fast now 6weeks later it feels just like my old 1.6 did, i have to take the 1.6 out once a week to reasure me how fast my turbo is only downside is when i drive the 1.6 i keep headbutting the dash as im expected to be put in my seat lol 

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Ha, quality! I know exactly what you mean, its like a never ending quest for power....will it ever end?!!
the bad things is i struggle to get the grip on the road as it is and my tires are 235 wide as it is i dont think i can go anywider and be legal
and i think a new clutch will be needed after the remap. then i think i will be going for a porche big brake conversion or brembo i just cant decide lol
still got to lower it i havent got round to that yet i could do with some handeling, but saying that its not that bad a lot better than a standard 1.6

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
thats what im afraid of i have decided to stick with the Kos3 turbo instead of upgrading but am planning to do all i can for it to see me at 260bhp that should be enough......
You won't see 260bhp with a K03sport, you may hit 250bhp with all bolt ons and good fuel / octane booster though.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
im determin to try and prove that theory wrong, i most probally wont but i will give it a go. what do you think i would get with a Ko4? are the a direct replacment for the Ko3sport or do i need other stuff to fit it?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
thats what im afraid of i have decided to stick with the Kos3 turbo instead of upgrading but am planning to do all i can for it to see me at 260bhp that should be enough......
You won't see 260bhp with a K03sport, you may hit 250bhp with all bolt ons and good fuel / octane booster though.
Gary just thought i should now reply as i have done all my mods and had my sesion with Jabba on Thursday and would you belive it i got exactly 260Bhp lol, and before people come and say there rollers are untrue my VAG-COM rolling road prodcued the exact same result which cant be wrong.
i did not use any octane boosters just good old V-Power.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'm very happy for you :)

I'd love to see it produce the same figures on other respectable rollers though.

Also, don't believe the figures from vagcom. I've had very widespread results when attempting to create a power graph.

I'd be interested to see an airflow log - block 003 if you have a chance.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
well funny you should say that as we are currently organising a RR sesion with stealth, so we will see what she gets on there,
i will do a log of 003 for you but im at work at the moment,
im only running 19PSI boost was chatting to Mike the remap guy and he said he put it up to 22PSI but i lost 8Bhp due to my fuel pump not being able to give enough petrol, so im looking into getting a uprated fule pump and taking her back and put up to 22PSI hopefully this will give me some more power [:D]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Mine clocked just shy of 250bhp last year on a standard intercooler. There was a lad on here that got just approx 260bhp from Star a wee while ago albeit also on a standard intercooler.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
12hr shifts, its no fun is it [:(]
Still, there's nothing like a newly remapped car to ease the tension.
too right, i left 20 minutes early for work this morning went the long way lol,
shifts are ok gives me loads of time to edit pics and post them up + read up on my next mods lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts