Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after what seems ages ive got myself a 150 pd golf
I searched all over for a low milage 03 or later 5 door car in indigo blue (im not fussy)
and I found one on a stealers web site 250 miles away, my local dealer shipped it up and I viewd, test drove and bought. Its 3 years and 2 weeks old with 20,000 miles on the clock, six cd all elec windows remote central, alarm, esp and climate. Ive only done 10 miles so far and my opinion is it goes like a train, very comfy and firm (thats good to me) ride. After reading the owners handbook i got excited about the door mirrors as it looked like they would auto fold but alas no such luck !, how can you tell if they are heated?. I was a bit dissapointed that the winter pack had not been specified but hey hoh its got most of what I was after. Now I only live 2 miles from the Cottage Loaf and only have sundays off work, what will the wife say if i tell her im thinking of meeting all you lot in a few weeks time ;o)
I know its been done a thousand times before but ill have to post a photo of my new car as soon as ive got a good pic to show

Regards

Nick

P.S. Thanks for all the help and advice ive been given while researching my purchase, knowledge is a powerfull thing,

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Nick,

Great purchase. After months of looking I found an Indigo blue PD130 on a 53 plate but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. I ended up buying a new Bora in Diamond Black with far more kit for just a grand more!!

Anyhow, assuming a standard UK spec car the door mirrors will be heated and will come on with the heated rear window.

If the mirrors do fold (an option I believe) you'll find a position on the mirror adjuster switch which (from memory) is at the 12 o'clock position. If the mirrors do not fold you'll find just three positions on the switch: at 8 o'clock for adjusting the near side mirror, at 4 o'clock for adjusting the offside mirror and at 6 o'clock for mirror heating (if the rear screen heater is switched on).

HTH and enjoy the car [:)]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plans !!

well in no special order

revo [6]
Fan fix kit
becker grand prix
front brakes
xenon front kit
dipping mirror
cruise ?
reversing sensor?

it had to be 5 door (kids) and strangely i think the golf looks better as a 5 door
now then 3 questions
1, what is the the small flap in the roof above the rear view mirror for?
2, in the boot by the boot light is a small cubby hole with an unused electrical plug inside ?
3, why did my picture not post for me ?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
1:

A small sun visor

2:

Thats just a 12V plug socket for whatever you want, battery charger, fridge, blah blah blah

3:

You had the URL there but you had the IMG tags wrong.

It should be (without spaces)

enter url [/ img]

I think you had

[img/ enter url [img]

[:)]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hi, good looking Golf there,

1. Its a small sun visor to fill in the gap when the main visors are down. Some say that it's there to prevent the interior lights reflecting in the mirror at night, but I prefer the first option.

2. Isn't that to place the cd changer in. It's probably the end of the preinstalled cabling to the head unit.

3. In photobucket there are three lines of code/text below your photo. Copy all of the third line down below the chosen photo then paste it into the message creation screen here. Nothing else is needed and it will post. (make sure the

1 - 18 of 18 Posts