Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I didnt search ebay, I found it whilst casually surfing.

Me and Tabs will be discussing paintwork protection whilst everyone else points at all them stonechips on SuperBora from its daily grind up the M56!!!!

I know someone in the trade who'll paint it up for ya mate

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote: posted by Gary Cundliffe on 11/01/2005 21:48:59

I didnt search ebay, I found it whilst casually surfing.

If you want to 'casually surf' ebay for bra's who am i to argue! [:p]

Me and Tabs will be discussing paintwork protection whilst everyone else points at all them stonechips on SuperBora from its daily grind up the M56!!!!

There not stonechips, they are minor paintwork imperfections! lol...

As i'm working i'll probably pop up in the van to the meet, i'll show you some proper stonechips then!!
[:D]

I know someone in the trade who'll paint it up for ya mate

Smugness is not an attractive quality Mr Cundliffe! [;)]

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Quote: posted by ade3822 on 11/01/2005 22:21:58

What are the two ears for?

Do they do them for the back also, my golfs always got a dirty rear end ;-)

Maybe they do Golf "underpants"[:I] to stop the rear getting dirty. The tabs disturb the airflow to help deflect stones away from he windscreen.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote: posted by ade3822 on 11/01/2005 22:21:58

What are the two ears for?

Do they do them for the back also, my golfs always got a dirty rear end ;-)

According to Gary, the two 'ears' on the front of the bra are designed to disrupt the airflow over the bonnet and help prevent stones from hitting further up the bonnet/windscreen areas

Personally i think they are there for the driver/passenger of the lingerie equipped car to partially hide their embarressment...! [;)][:p]

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Quote: posted by Gary Cundliffe on 11/01/2005 20:22:11

Just not exactly convenient having the bonnet sprayed every six months, including the cost.

I do about 20000 miles a year, mostly on the motorway so this is an attempt to try and keep things looking good for as long as possible

Here we go again..... [:D]

But if it's hidden under a bra, it doesn't look good ever

Contradiction in terms, no?

(But what would I know, I'm just a "hypocrite" who loves their mudflaps [:I])

· Registered
361 Posts
This is the skimpy version of the Bra, but not in a sexy way, the ones I have seen cover the front bumper too,...as a fellow M way basher (M6 and Thelwall Viaduct monkey) I can fully see where you are coming from.

However,..........." COMPUTER SAYS NO !!! "

· Premium Member
16,988 Posts
Quote: posted by J111ASE on 12/01/2005 01:01:48

tabs i know your bra is a full one(and not a half cup) but do they do a full one for

a mkiv with standard bumpers?

jase...

Mine was for the standard bumpers jase, I just stretched it over to fit the 32's bumper.

They are available from the states and I'd suggest you pick one up soon - those smoothed bumpers of yours will take a battering come show season.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.