Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started off as sleet then turned into some quite hefty snow flakes.

It's starting to settle on houses and cars - not sure it will last though !!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I would love some snow, haven't seen any laid on the ground for a few years now. The whole country has weather warnings for heavy snow. I got clear skys and cold weather!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Boo!! it's stopped now [:(]

It''ll probably just freeze now to cause some icey conditions
In New Mills ( 20 miles out from Manchester) we have got around 3" of snow .... Although it has now stopped there is something like 80% chance of more tonight/ tomorrow..... Yay

All of the roads out of New Mills are blocked and people have just abandoned their cars and walked home ..

It looks like a home day tomorrow ,Yay

Jay

·
Registered
3,956 Posts

In New Mills ( 20 miles out from Manchester) we have got around 3" of snow .... Although it has now stopped there is something like 80% chance of more tonight/ tomorrow..... Yay

All of the roads out of New Mills are blocked and people have just abandoned their cars and walked home ..

Jay
Isn't New Mills is where the delicious sweet factory is ? Swizzles / Refreshers etc etc is ?

What will we do if the sweety lorries get stuck for sweeties ?

Looks like i'll have to go onto Haribo [:(]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I could never understad the brits and snow [:^)]

when i lived in Germany, in the winter we has anything form an inch of snow up to about 4ft

but you would never see the kids coming home fron school early or things like that.

The last time it snowed here in wales last year we only had about 3-4 inched and it was chaos

there was me with my winter tyres on and 214 BHP haveing LOADS of FUN hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Not sure if you have been to New Mills before , But at the bottom of the valley ( where all the main roads converge) there is a double decker bus and 5 cars mangled up. The bus was half way up the high street when it lost traction and slid back down the hill collecting the cars as it went oops.

Where abouts in New Mills are you going to ?

Jay

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I agree Dent, thats the one thing thats annoys me about getting snow is how everyone reacts to it. Specially with their cars sticking to 5mph on a long straight road, just makes it chaos for everyone else.

Even if we just get heavy rain you`ll notice the traffic rise and the ways in which people drive change dramatically.

Bring on the snow though! Love snowball fights at work

·
Registered
530 Posts
lucky sods!

I wish it was snowing here in NI!!!

Fingers crossed with this cold snap it might actually happen! Plus the added bonus of getting the day off work as its too dangerous to travel lol

Guess i just a big child lol

Noel

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
dont get me wrong I LOVE SNOW

what more could you want

1. GOOD LASHING OF SNOW

2. V6

3 .214 BHP PLUS 100 BHP NOS

4.OPEN ROAD AS THEY ALL WANT TO STAY AT HOME

that is like a playgroung with no kids to throw you of the slide

i used to love the snow in Gerany as you could visit the supermarket carparks on a sunday and NOBODY was there

j-turns, handbrake turns the works

and all that with a firm car LOL

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Where abouts in New Mills are you going to ?
Got a couple of jobs up there tomorrow actually, one on jubilee street (going back up the hill on the right past co-op) and one at the medical centre next to the swimming pool and the other is at the back of the town centre, can't remember the road name but the place is called Dalton house..

I'll bring me scarf and flask... [:D]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Jay
Funnily enough I posted these pictures whilst my mate from New Mills was round last night. He texted when he got home (2 hours after he'd left and he only lives 45 minutes away) saying the snow was really bad. Lucky g!t !!

Ours had turned to ice this morning and was a nightmare to get off the windscreens - I think I've ruined my new wipers [:(]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts