Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent some time yesterday cleaning all the motors at my parents house while they are sunning themselves in Spain, alright for some!!!

For those of you that don't know, I have pretty much sold F4T4SS and I am just waiting until October when I can purchase my new motor or should I say, my next second hand car!! Thought I would post up some pics, nothing new but thought that she was looking fairly respectable?

Enjoy and any comments as always are welcome!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS - Just because F4T4SS is going, I am not going anywhere, I will still be on the forum and I will still be selling lamps at your request!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
looking good i see you are like me just finish washing the car and it starts to rain so what is the new motor to be ?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's right mate, nice and clean and then the heavens opened up!! Thanks very much!!

As for the new motor, I will keep that under wraps at the moment as I don't want to blow my trumpet before I have got it!! Needless to say that it will still be a VAG car but one that many people won't like!!

We will see if I can make it look a little better?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Looks good Simon, always liked your car..

TT maybe???? Best of luck with whatever you chose.....
I know what it iiiiis... I know what it iiiiiis.... heh. and I'm not saying a peep til Simon reveals the new chariot ! [:p][;)]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Looks great as normal Simon.

I guess with a few miles on the clock, it is a good time to get a newer/lower mileage car.

Thanks for all those discussions when i had my Bora.

Good luck with your new car when you get it, whatever it is.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Cheers Curely, it won't be a TT mate, too small for me, it's going to be more of a boat in size comparison!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I know what it iiiiis... I know what it iiiiiis.... heh. and I'm not saying a peep til Simon reveals the new chariot ! [:p][;)]
I forgot that you knew mate, LOL!! I am sure people will have plenty to post up when the car finally arrives? You think? LOL!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great as normal Simon.

I guess with a few miles on the clock, it is a good time to get a newer/lower mileage car.

Thanks for all those discussions when i had my Bora.

Good luck with your new car when you get it, whatever it is.
Appreciate that mate!! We certainly have had our time spent chatting about Bora's, LOL!!

The new car will certainly have less miles on the clock than the Bora but I am sure that I can change that before long, LOL!!

Watch this space!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again, thats one sweet bora. [y][y] Come one mate so what the new car?? [:D]
Cheers mate, appreciate that, not bad for 160k, LOL!!

As for the new wheels, I will keep it under wraps until I've actually got her, it's nothing exciting mate, let's just say that I will be old before my time very soon but I am confident I will have a 'one of a kind' car.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts

I forgot that you knew mate, LOL!! I am sure people will have plenty to post up when the car finally arrives? You think? LOL!!
Heh.. They will.. it's not a bad choice, imo. You'll be the first on here with one, I think !

·
Registered
221 Posts
Car is looking great:)

Bet your getting a Skoda Superb though.....Thats what I reckon anyway with you saying its like a boat and no modded ones out there yet.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car is looking great:)

Bet your getting a Skoda Superb though.....Thats what I reckon anyway with you saying its like a boat and no modded ones out there yet.
Well, well, well!! That didn't last long then did it? Spot on mate!!

If you look in the third photo down you can see a sneak preview of the Superb!!

Criticism's can now commence..............

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
you can see it in the first also I will be interested to see what you do as I think it aint a bad looking car not fanatastic to look at but possible interesting who does aftermarket stuff for it ?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep you can indeed, I have loads of other pictures of it that I took that day but I think I would rather change a few things before I show her?

There is very little out there in terms of styling but I think that with some little touches here and there I can make it look respectable?

I just need to make a good decision on the wheels, that is my biggest problem at the moment, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I think the audi A8 gullydeckel would look good I dont think anything ott or fancy would work so things like a mesh desin IMO would not work.

These are the gullydeckel (drain covers in english)

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They are interesting mate, they weren't in my mind as an option, I was thinking that Euro style would be the way to go with this motor but I am not sure?

I think your right though, something too fancy will not look good, it needs to be plain and simple, just like the rest of the car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts