Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you agree that often OEM alloys suit vehicles better, now I was wondering aparts from Porsche and Bentley alloys what other alloys have you seen fitted to a MK4 Golf.

I was wondering if any of the dishy AMG Merc wheels have been done, obviously all the time we are seeing BBS as it works well but I'd like to see some alternatives. I've seen a photo floating around on this forum of a MK4 with the BMW M3 motorsport alloys?

Please post all pictures here as inspiration to fellow members that want to take a step in the OEM direction rather than aftermarket tat.

Also a variation of sizes, as some people like to go small and low and others large and low.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
i had TT QS that i customized on before i got rid of them and baught some after market TAT as you call it.

TTQS

Posted Image

After market TAT all be it expensive tat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

they both look good. The white wheels looked the nuts but were a pain to keep clean. I also wanted a more agressive look so went for the tats. Each to there own i say. HMD had some x5 19" on a mk4.. they look awsome.

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
No OEM is NOT automatically best. It is totally down to how the style of the wheel suits the car. There are some very nasty OEM rims out there that I wouldn't put on a friends car, let alone mine! [negative]

Wigster.

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
My ears are burning..........................

The motorsport rims

My old CSL's

All i can say regarding wheels,is choose something that works well with the smooth lines that a mk4 has.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
But does the OEM have to relate to the vehicle manufacturer of your car?

Or can it be OEM of other makes?

Assuming you meant aftermarket as the likes of wolfrace etc...?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant aftermarket like cheap wolfrace, oz racing packages etc.
Some aftermarket wheels do suit the mk4, but often pay pricey to get lightweight wheels, with a spot on design.

I was thinking along the lines of other manufacturers like porsche and merc, either blade style alloys or dishy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts