Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not been here much but thought i'd put some photos up of some changes the old mingers had lately

here we are a year or so ago

Posted Image

then during the summer

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

got mk5 style lights on yesterday so finally happy with it again....but for how long. theres no end to this modding game..

cheers

Ger

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I think its looking great, but nether been a fan of the chrome mirrors too much bling for me but apart from that I think it looks spot on.  By the way is that Satin Silver?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers dubz...

the chrome mirrors have a love hate thing going on with a lot of folk, don't know what i'd replace them with if i changed them.

yeah it satin silver.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers kiz..the wheels were my mates he was selling them at the time, they are Anthracite grey.

i got a chance of genuine r32 wheels at a bargin so when for the silver finish in the end

cheers

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
IF you was going to replace your chrome mirrors, you should go for the stubby ones! I think they look well nice! Maybe you should go for german style plates? Car looks lovely apart from that! [Y]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ger that is a super gleam you got going on there, I was always torn between which shade of silver looks better reflex or satin, but I think the third picture down says it all, the way it picks up the sky. Reflex is the most common and I like the rareity value Satin Silver has but then again I would say that as I have one. Any chance you want to share some of your detailing secrets?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Posted Image

the car gets wash a few times a week. usually stage 3 meguires every few months, but it's the meguires gold class polish that bring the shine right up, oh anf tyre shine...works wonders make the old girl look the part, not bad for a old S reg with 85k on the clock

german plates..now there is an idea...

thanks for the comments, keep any ideas rolling

cheers

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Posted Image

the car gets wash a few times a week. usually stage 3 meguires every few months, but it's the meguires gold class polish that bring the shine right up, oh anf tyre shine...works wonders make the old girl look the part, not bad for a old S reg with 85k on the clock

german plates..now there is an idea...

thanks for the comments, keep any ideas rolling

cheers

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I thought those MkV style headlamps were cheesy at first but they look absolutely great on your car! I've seen them on another MkIV with BBS LMs as well and they're lovely. So many nice things available for the MkIV but I've only got the one MkIV to put stuff on. Wish I had several cars...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Heres an idea bud - Get her down to Crail [:p]

Good to see you again dude. Looking great as always! Thought you were getting OEM Xenons?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres an idea bud - Get her down to Crail [:p]

Good to see you again dude. Looking great as always! Thought you were getting OEM Xenons?
hope these lights add a few more bhp.... i change my mind like the wind mate lol

need a rematch soon

thanks for the positive comments.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
what suspension have you gt dude?

car looks spot on - chrome mirrors look good IMHO - work well with the mods

personally i have them too but the lexus lights brigade have been seen with chrome mirrors so mine will be going soon!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
what suspension have you gt dude?

car looks spot on - chrome mirrors look good IMHO - work well with the mods

personally i have them too but the lexus lights brigade have been seen with chrome mirrors so mine will be going soon!
Ger's running a 50mm Eibach Sport kit (springs & shox). As for Lexus lights, he has them too just took them off for the photos[;)]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah no coil overs here, 50mm Eibach shock and springs...

oh man i'm a chav cos i have chrome mirrors lol, i deffo need a rethink

1 - 18 of 18 Posts