Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the car back today after 4 weeks being in the great hands of city center car care in brum, they have done a top job, here some pics of the car b4 and after i got the rims fitted, its a pitty that when i was having the alloys balanced to find out 3 out the 4 are buckled with the amount that i had paid for them...anyway here the pics...

the care b4 rims fitted on standard 16" bbs rims...

Posted Image

with the 19" rims fitted...

Posted Image

heres m mates project car his pride and joy supra, hes rebuilt a twin turbo engine to a single turbo kicking out about 650bhp...

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looking Good and Sitting Well!!!

Loving your mates Supra too, my mate also has a Supra and is thinking of converting to a single turbo and whilst he's at it he's trying to convert me!

Married with 2 kids, I'll stick to my dubber's thanks![:D]

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hmmm, not too keen on the 19" either, I really don't like the Projectwzos...IMHO your car looked much better on the Oettingers.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, not too keen on the 19" either, I really don't like the Projectwzos...IMHO your car looked much better on the Oettingers.
does look mint, mate[Y] I prefer the look with 16"s on for some reason.
u have to see the car in the metal to really see how amazing it looks...

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I think the car needs highering.. [:p] but have to say the rear end of the car now looks Phat (hence the capital P) lol.. But as i have said to ya it now needs a spoiler and skirts.. then i reckon its done... [y]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I think the car needs highering..
I think the ride height is perfect..... but I do think you need some bigger brakes to go with the 19"s, as you can now see a lot of the inner arch liner. Bigger brakes will fill the gaps between the spokes.

Great work on the car and they have done a great job on the bodywork for you too.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Nice mate, certainly a change from the old RZ's, did you have them refurbed up first as I know you like the wheels to look mint?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Your car looks well, Think those rims suit silver golfs better! Pity about the buckled rim. I know some wheel refurbishers that might be able to help with buckled wheels.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Where did you get the rims from then?

Cant you get your money back?
brought them off nosaj.
Well i thought as much , as ya wasnt answering ya phone or pm's

i was 100% sure ya must of done a Post !!!!!!

, After replying with a text as my battery was low ,

Oh and thanks for leaving such an abusive message sounded like ya had terets the amount of times you was swearing on my voice mail ....

Tried calling quite a few times last night and several times my call's where Dropped ...

I sent ya over all picks of the wheels and ya was happy with the condition of them

also you say 3 of them are Buckled (you used a difrent word to discribe that on my phone )

Cant see how that is ...

1, If they was buckled i would have noticed while they was on my car have done speeds from 0-150 and not even a slight shake or wobble

2, Tyres where swapped over from my new ones to the old ones , and balanced using a very Experianced wheel company and had they been buckled or damaged they whould have said....

They did point out the kerb marks as they didnt wana be held reponsable for that ,

3 , Wheels was placed in back of my car taken home and stored in shed until you was ready to have them

4, If they was buckled - would i have been stupid enough to sell to a forum member ,considering how active i am in this forum community

5 , If they was buckled - would i have driven 300 mile round trip only to be told you didnt want them

6, If they are buckled ...................why the hell are you driving around on them ??????

Sorry to have to put this here people as i feel things like this should be done privately but this has not been the case from the start

·
Registered
965 Posts
Maybe an idea to watch those pot holes and speed bumps with those its amazing what the slightest bump can do, previous owner was very diligent with them, were in great condition and in no way buckled when I last saw them!!! The other half included as we know nosaj well we can back him up on everything he has said.....

The phrase "sold as seen" comes to mind!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Took the words out of my mouth! However, reading the title of this post - please someone explain to me what their definition of 'MINT' is? [:)]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
So at this point I will ask you where have the wheels been for around three weeks (supposedly whilst your car was in the body shop having what done?????)

YOu mean you put them on straight away hit a few pot holes/speed humps then decided to get them balanced hoping that the wobble would go away and when it wouldnt you passed the blame back onto Jason

SAD[N]..........

1 - 20 of 96 Posts