Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today start off great

woke up nice and early, got the tools ready and cracked on with removing the rear window wiper.

got the wiper off and the mechanical part, so next part was to disconnect the hose, so opened the bonnet.

For some reason, i got a feeling that i should checked the oil! [cry] creamy pus everywhere! F***!!!

got in my car and took it to my local garage, they are planning on flushing out the engine tomorrow.

If that doesnt work, they are going to replace the head gasket [:(] if it is the head gasket lets hope i haven't done too much damage to the engine!!

On the up note well happy with the removed window wiper, gives it a smooth finish.

Will keep you updated, Fingers Crossed

From a very upset Harry

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mate that's unfortunate! hope its not the head. With the cold weather though you do get a build up of condensation in the engine if its not being allowed to heat up properly (to operating temp, 90 degrees) so hopefully thats where the creams come from. Did you check on the dipstick for cream?

either way i hope its all ok!

Charlie

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
As above - if you use the car for a lot of short trips, then in the cold especially, you can form a lot of condensation in the oil which may explain what you are seeing. Fingers crossed that after a good service and some new oil, it won't return.

Wigster.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah dipstick was covered in cream

i know its nothing to panic over, but my last car had a cracked head gasket

and everything at the moment is pointing towards head gasket.

but hey, got to think positive

·
Registered
166 Posts
have they done a sniff test on the coolant while the engine is running to see if any hydrocarbons and exhaust gases are present. blue solution goes green /yellow when they are present. Quick 2min test would give you a definite answer and save you a lot of time and money

Charlie

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, just to the let you know, got my car back last night

Thank god it wasn't the head gasket [clap]

a breather valve had got stuck/broken, so they replaced that, they flushed the whole engine, they replaced all the oil, replaced the anti-freeze.

Good time

Harry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.