1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Italian trio relegated to Serie B

Clockwise: The badges of AC Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio and Juventus

AC Milan, Fiorentina, Juventus and Lazio were implicated
Serie A sides Juventus, Lazio and Fiorentina have been demoted to the second division for their involvement in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

Juventus were also stripped of their last two Serie A titles and had 30 points deducted, meaning they are likely to stay down for two seasons.

AC Milan will stay in Serie A but will start the season docked 15 points.

All are barred from competing in Europe - Juventus, Milan and Fiorentina the Champions League; Lazio the Uefa Cup.

Lazio were penalised seven league points while Fiorentina suffered a 12-point penalty.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I thin shev would still of cost the same as ac will probs have a good chance of finishing in a champ league spot for the next season

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thin shev would still of cost the same as ac will probs have a good chance of finishing in a champ league spot for the next season
- 15 points and you think they will still get a champions league spot. thats stating the league with 5 looses no way will they pull that around.

and i'll imagine juventus will be relegated on -30 points

·
Registered
309 Posts
man i never though i would see this happen i cant wait to see the transfer market now .

one news group said yest this will be the biggest transfer situation ever.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Hello Roman, yeh its Jose, can I have your credit card again, need a few odds and sods, well, I say that but I dont really but I might as well have superstars on the bench doing nothing.....

No no, not much, only about 60 mil or something......

Sweet, cheers Mr Chelski....

lol

As for the decision, yeh its fair. If people want to cheat, then they have to pay the penalty!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yep right decision cheaters have to be punished or it would carry on looking forward to see what transfers happen now!

·
Registered
906 Posts
voted NO cause i think they should of been punished more!

Move all clubs to second division.

Wonder who will be heading this way in the transfere market?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
voted NO cause i think they should of been punished more!

Move all clubs to second division.

Wonder who will be heading this way in the transfere market?
i have added an extra option for should of been punished more

·
Registered
906 Posts
Reading the News of the World and the net while at work (yes VERY bored) there is talk there will be an investigation in this country about transfer dealings so maybe we might have similar cases soon

Tam

·
Registered
414 Posts
To be honest, not all of the country and religion is wrong, but some of the football supporters are disgustingly racist. That whole Paolo Di-Canio thing with the Nazi salute and what he said afterwards was disgraceful. I think that the issue of racism in football is far more serious than that of cheating. The punishments that Lazio and other Italian and Spanish clubs have received after the racist actions of their supporters is a joke. Fifa seriously need to sort it out.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I recon that it is good that they have taken it so seriously and I think that the punishments have been severe enough, I feel sorry for teams that are in Serie B because you wouldnt expect them to stay down there next season, So the Serie B teams chances of promotion will have been scuppered a bit perhaps??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts