Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Political one this but what are people feelings on the current conflict?

I can see why israel is upset , as its soldiers where kidnapped on
israeli soil BUT its actions since then have been totally and utterly
over the top, Israel and mossad have the technology and inteligence to
have hit Hessbollah direclty without bombing the Lebanese people back
into the middle ages.

Imagine the UK bombing Dublin like that when a couple of Squaddies
wheer killed in Northern Ireland.... exactly..... the Idiots are going
to drag us into world war 3

Or if Israel is really that bothered why doesnt it take the fight
direct to Iran or Syria..... why do they have to bully there poorer
neigbours.... and bolster support for military factions ...

Oh and how long till they a American cok up and manage tyo kill a
couple or a load of Brits they always seem to do it accidentally on
purpose, be it a Journo or soldiers......

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I think is pi**poor what israel is doing.... why kill innocent members of the public.

Nothing new to them though as they have been doing it for years.

And why are non of the majority of the country's trying to stop it??
Because Israel is funded by america which conspiricy theorists say is actually run by zionist jews.....................

Zionist Jews run the world you know![:D] look it up on the web. Loads of interesting info out there.

http://freeamerican.com/conspiracytheories.htm

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been reading and watching the news and it really p***ses m off when i see the west and the world in general talking whilst the Isreal carrys out basically war crimes on another state. Fair point it was wrong to capture the soldiers, but what about the Israeli's occupation of palestine and the continous humiliation of an entire nation for the past 50 years. They have ignored countless UN resolutions but the UN does nothing about it (Veto by the US, which bankrolls the state of Israel). Yet when a muslim country does anything the west does not like it goes straight to the UN and sanctions are applied. Then the rest of the world wonders why the Muslim world is anti-western and support for the likes of AL QAEDA is on the increase.

It is about time the world reaslised and particular the US that most of the problems in the middle east come down to the Isreali/Palestine problem, the muslim world is not blind to the fact the there are double standards applied where the deaths of Isreali's are few (which are wrong) yet the media will focus on them whilst on the palestinian side there are hundreds and these are covered in single sentences. I feel that the West sees the lifes of muslims and arabs as cheap...Rant over.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Akhtarm..... the thing that pees the west of especially the general public is no one supports Israel or its actions ... no one..... dont forget we went to war with them not to long back. yet we are constantly accused of supporting Israel and yet we dont...

The only reason support for the Palestinians or Lebanese is not strong or vocal amongst the west is idiotic factions like Hesbollah and Hamas spent the 80s kidnapping European citizens and performing hijackings and now it resorts to suicide bombings........ if it wants the support of the West in particular Europe and Britain all it has to do is cease any terrorist activities by all means fight a war with Israel but keep it conventional.

Due the British problem of Ireland we would never ever suport a state who had even tiny links to an organisation that supported terrorism.

The other problem that the west sees with middle east is double standards there are more political prisoners in Qatar, UAE, Iran, Syria than in Israel ... dont forget israel is tstill the only place in the middle east where Arabs have a free vote.... maybe if the Midlle eastern nations that were so concerned with Israel were to put there own houses in order first people would be more likely to listen

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think the next target will be <st1:country-region w:st="on">Iran</st1:country-region>
personally, everyone knows <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Iran</st1:place></st1:country-region>
is working on nukes and they will always sell the technology to the highest
bidder. <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">ISRAEL</st1:country-region></st1:place>
will not allow that as they know any Arab nation that has nukes will use them.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
and i reckon with all this tension in the middle east its likely we could spark the start of this house price crash thats been talked about for so many years..... well not a crash but a fall[:D]

Higher oil prices means cost of living goes up and less money in your pocket, therefore less people looking for a new house, so people will reduce their prices.
Look at the ftse100 on yahoo to see how many points its been losing as of late..... [:D]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Personally I think we should just let them get on with it and not get involved at all.. If Israel want to bomb Lebanon then go for it.. if they want to blow up Palestine or Iran or Syria then go for it too.. As long as they leave us alone I don't see why we should interfere.

The end of the world will come around from the middle east, mainly because they are a bunch of loonies..

as for the Americans, what can you say... one kill is as good as another..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Andyman........ease any terrorist activities by all means fight a war with Israel but keep it conventional. How do they do that when they can't buy any weapons, with all access to palenstine controlled by Israel...fighting F16's with AK47..they don't have a chance...now wonder they respond with suicide bombings.....as for the arab states they have no backbone they are all in the pockets of the US.

As for Arabs having a free vote..wake up they treat Israeli arabs as second class citizens...i have friends over there and they say that all the infrastructure in Arab neighbourhoods is crumbling...the Israeli's want a all-jewish state so they are making life hard for them ti they will pack up and leave....

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Strong words BigI. I know where you are comming from but,i think we should help in some way or another,against the jews.

Then the muslims might see that we are not all bad.

A lot of people get annoyed at them wanting there ways ,laws ect to stand over here(me included).

So if we help them in there own country, maybe they will see we are not that bad...

Hopefully....

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andyman........ease any terrorist activities by all means fight a war with Israel but keep it conventional. How do they do that when they can't buy any weapons, with all access to palenstine controlled by Israel...fighting F16's with AK47..they don't have a chance...now wonder they respond with suicide bombings.....as for the arab states they have no backbone they are all in the pockets of the US.

As for Arabs having a free vote..wake up they treat Israeli arabs as second class citizens...i have friends over there and they say that all the infrastructure in Arab neighbourhoods is crumbling...the Israeli's want a all-jewish state so they are making life hard for them ti they will pack up and leave....
Look saying an islamic state cannot fight a conventional war with israel is rubbish.... because of money and weapons, Egypt did it Iran and Iraq fought eachother. The fact is Hesbollah and Hamas could have all the funding they want ... dont forget the middle east already sponsors them this far ... and as for weapons the Americans dont supply Iran and they are well armed China Russia France South Africa , would all sell arms to the middle east and do so even now.......

Look if tin pot dictaors in sub saharan africa can fight conventional wars then so can Palestine and Lebanon..... dont forget if they fought a conventional war they would have much more support from the west than they have now.

The fact is nearly every western country has or has had problems with terrorists France/Algeraina speratists Spain/Basques UK/IRA Turkey/Kurds USA/AL Qaueda
The fact is because of these countrys experience of terrorism they cannot and will not support anyone who partakes in terrorism against civilians it just cannot happen because of there own situations.

Believe me there is more support for Palestine from all the people I know of all backgrounds than there is for Israel, in fact I cannot think of one person who supports Israel and that includes a few Orthodox Jews...... and I guess Successive UK governments are the same BUT the use of terrorism means we cannot show that support.

And as for the Israeli arabs...... are you telling me that there infrastucture is any worse than that in Egypt Qatar or Syria? or that there are less political prisoners than those countrys?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I am disgusted at the US stance on this; due to the large jewish populous in the USA, they will NEVER take on Israel or point out that their actions are vastly disproportionate or inappropriate. Kidnapped prisoners is just an excuse for Israel to put the squeeze on the Arab populous again, lightly veiled as 'anti terrorism'.

The desires of a minority are dictating the outcome for the masses; what about the Lebanese who DON'T support Hezbollah? I agree that Hezebollahs actions in Israel are inapproporiate, but perhaps this is the desperate actions of a minorty, governed by different cultural rules and unable to fight a country with a significant military advantage? I agree the Lebanese government should have done more about the terroist problem in the first place to avert this and that we cannot show support for Hezbollah, but Israels actions are completely unjustified IMO.

IMO both sides need to realise that they will NEVER have complete control of the region; its sacred holy land for both interests, and neither side is going to back down on that. The 1947 UN Partition Plan was designed to give both groups roughly half the land area each, and control the central Jerusalem as a shared area...it's a shame nobody will accept that because until they do, how can it end?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The scriptures state that as the jews had jesus killed,they would rome the earth without a homeland for ever.

That seems to be happening...

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
A small minority of Muslims seem to forget the British forces risking their lives when the Serbs were committing mass genocide in Bosnia... Ethnic Albanians were being slaughtered in serious numbers and if the civilised West hated the Muslim world so much, this was a pretty rediculous way of showing it by coming in all guns blazing to their rescue... The aid given generously by every single European country to try and help the poor souls afterwards, the thousands upon thousands of people who went out there to work in the aftermath voluntarily.

Westerners DO NOT dislike Muslims, we dislike lunatics who murder in the name of religion, and that's ANY religion without exception.

Israel wants its backside kicking for what it is doing and I'm disgusted in the UN for not stopping them or tempering their actions... but just because they're the stronger, richer country in the equation doesn't give anyone the right to practice the methods of killing employed by the other 2. How can we come to the assistance of countries that support terrorist actions against the very same people they are expecting to step in and assist?... we will not bow down to or assist terrorism of any description and I think we're right in keeping this stance, we're just not doing enough to level the playing field with Israel.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The whole problem is that Isreal is using the same excuse bush used to go into Afganistan and Iraq, If he tells them to stop then he will be seen as one rule for him, blah blah blah.

What I can NOT believe is that the Tony "puppet" Blair is saying that Isreal is justified in its actions as hezbolla are firing rockets at Isreal... I mean, they weren't really doing this before all this started?!? Were they?

The "kidnap" of the soilders is a sad thing, but at the end of the day HOW MANY civilians have these so called soilders killed. It's a daily game for these loosers, they kill maime INNOCENTS on a daily basis but us in the western world sit back an watch, we don't say a thing.

The arab world has kept very quiet over this as well, reasons being... (not sure how founded these are, just heard from someone else so I haven't had time to look into), is that they have piled so much money into that area. The palestinian goverments did nothing but squander this money, they could have built up alot of arms... maybe sorted this mess out once an for all, but they havent.

The messed up thing is, the Jews were persicuted by Hitler, what makes them so different to hitler?

Do you think this is going to bring about world war 3? supposedly thats where it will start (according to the Quran from Jeruslm)...

Tony, The british forces went into bosnia after HOW LONG???? years of ethnic cleansing, had been going on before the governments went it, but look at the kuwait issue it took them days to get involved... reasons??? OIL mate, OIL...

·
Registered
798 Posts
6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, that's roughly equivalent in number to the current population of Israel. It doesn't surprise me that Israel's response is always totally without restraint and seemingly disproportionate, but I think they are rather keen to ensure that history doesn't repeat itself.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Maybe the UN need to intervene, and send troops tehre as well (peacekeepers)?!??!
Then you will have all the nutters from both sides killing the UN oppo's

Just like in iraq,they are even killing there own.

Maybe Sadam was right about his people having to be ruled with an iron rod.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Maybe the UN need to intervene, and send troops tehre as well (peacekeepers)?!??!
Then you will have all the nutters from both sides killing the UN oppo's

Just like in iraq,they are even killing there own.

Maybe Sadam was right about his people having to be ruled with an iron rod.
LOL - well maybe, but the guy killed thousands if not hundreds of thousands of Kurds. He was a pshyco, to be honest the state iraq is in now is only the US's fault, no one else's they are the ones that are going to reap the rewards, where do you think the all the rebuilding work is going to? of course its US firms.

The problem here is religion, people an there silly little sects, they all have a different beliefe and because of that they start infighting! :(

Its not like we haven't had our fair share of voilence, the IRA caused us enough crap, and who supported them??? THE US!!! come on guys... the same happens over there Isreal is supported by the US.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts