Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and considering ordering a GTI or GTdI this year.

It appears that most people here don't consider white a good color for the new GTI (and there were surveys saying that chicks just don't date white-car guys, for that matter ;-) But the white GTIs look pretty good in VW's official puctures. Wondering how a white GTI looks in flesh (haven't seen one myself) and would appreciate opinions from those who have spotted one.

Fred

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Surprised they even offer it for sale in white considering demand must be mimimal. Anyone oredering in that colour would really have to want it as re-sale values would be severely affected.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It is a brave choice.

In the UK white cars are not popular and have heard that they can knock a lot off the cars value.

In the US it is a different story where lots of cars are white.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I considered white, to be different and because white is coming back into fashion. However, I had never seen one in the flesh and none of the dealers I tried had one, or a customer order for one. In the end I bottled it and got Red to play safe. I would love to see one in the flesh though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
As already said, its a brave choice in colour and a gamble. I think they look great in white, but not my fav choice!

I think your best bet is the red or black IMO

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
the one i seen in white looked wicked

dont get many hot hatches in white anynore and i think the mkv looks great

esp with the black section on the front

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im toying with the idea of buying one in white, with Recaros in check cloth.

This would look really retro in a mk5 way, but fashions do change and i think in 3 years time when its time to say good bye, i think i might loose more money than going for a safer colour.

Would look wicked though!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hey Steve,

Vindis should do us a special deal if we both buy one each [;)]

- my head is going round in circles thinking of ways I can save for it. Sawston Vindis rang me today offering an ex-demo 5dr one in red!

- so you defo going to go for one?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oxford, i might happen to be there tomorrow morning seeing Gerald the sales guy, after i drop my son at school.

Totally by accident of course!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't dislike white as a colour(Prefer it to some metallics) but wouldn't buy a white car as it would be difficult to shift come resale time. From memory I've only ever seen 5-6 white MKIV Golf GTIs since launch in 1998..that alone says something..

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
The Police must agree as well and seem to have joined the 'resale' bangwagon.

Every new Police car I've seen for a long time has been Silver.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I would definitely get white, at the end of the day it is one of the original GTi colours. Red looks to plain IMO and will need a respraying before long from fading in the sun or suffering with oxidation. Black looks good, but will be nightmare to keep clean like a white car in this dusty (forever wet) country.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are going to pay over 20k for a Golf Man! Dont tell me the chance of loosing a few hundred (even a grand) come resale is putting you off. If it is don't buy the car as you can't really afford it.

When you spend that kind of cash it is an emotional purchase not a value one so if you like white get it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whilst browsing the sales brochure it occurred to me that the choice of colours seems pretty limited and the colours offered also seem a bit conservative. I would expect to see more brighter/cheerful hues offered for such a capable hot hatch--especially when the new GTI is so good at putting a smile on its driver's face.

These shades are currently missing: Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Titanium (and I am not including the really adventurous colours, e.g. Purple and Orange).

Do anyone know if VW will offer more colours for the Golf in the next MY?

Yes, a GTI/GTdI, even though worth every penny of the price, is still a 20k UKP car, and I'd really like to have more nice colours to choose from.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts