Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thoughts?

See less See more
#10 ·
Nice, but.....the .:R GTI badges look a bit daft IMO.

Wheels are hmmmm.....not my cuppa.

If it did go into production, where are they thinking to mount the front number plate?

I like the front bumper but the centre vent is just too large, would look nicer if it was level with the two side vents.

#19 ·
IMHO it looks bloody awful. Chavtastic no doubt to some! Max Power readers will be drooling I suppose. Its just a tuners concept car - you'll not see it go into production. The only two Golfs I can see coming will be the Edition 30 GTI and possibly a more focussed R32 variant twoard the end of the MkV life span.  

#20 ·
Now I am going to disagree with you its not a Chav car, its a nicely done Golf, Chav cars IMHO are that sparkly pink thing that keeps re-appearing on eBay and we all keep [+o(]ing over on here. I agree its not everyones cup of tea, some people who have seen it as my wallpaper on my PC at work have not minded it and some have been yack. One common comment seems to be the front Grill is too big for it but it doesn't bother me, its a nice motor, shame its not mine [:(]

#21 ·
Ok, dodgy wheels, rear seats and graphics are a bit chav, but sort these, and this is a mkv that looks pretty mean, unlike the current plain R32 with chrome grille, Clio 182 exhausts, etc.

IMHO there's more design flair in this concept than the current mkv range - e.g, the mkv anniversary is a real missed opportunity I feel. Somehow I think the R36 will be more of the same - nothing new, just a VAG parts bin raid....

However, VW, please prove me wrong!

#22 ·
Just read the spec on this thing in Decembers VW driver mag - 375bhp on 93RON fuel [:O]. 400bhp on 100RON, and I don't see any mention of uprated pistons/cams/valves, etc. Is the 2.0T-FSI really that strong?!

Didn't realise the bodykit was made by Oettinger, but carbon fibre arches - nice!! Bet its a beast to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.