Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your car is nice, clean and shiny, do you find yourself, in a large open car park (say at Tesco's), parking further away from the entrance than is necessary so you get a space that has lots of empty spaces around it? This is so that when you walk back to the car you can get a good admiring look at it from all angles.

My missus absolutely hates it when I do this!!

Question is; is this normal behaviour or do I need professional help?[:D]

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I honestly cudnt say m8, all i know is i washed my car yesterday and then found an uncontrollable need to wash it again today, just because there was a few specs of salt etc.. on it. Im sure this isnt normal behaviour either!

Who wants to be normal anyway?! :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Quote: posted by NorwichV5 on 23/01/2005 16:07:49

Klauster, if mine was looking as good as your 4mo does in those pictures I'd want to wrap it up in a big ball of cotton wool to keep all that nasty filthy dust off of it[:D]

cheers m8, i may give that a try [^]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 23/01/2005 17:04:14

Quote: posted by Paul H on 23/01/2005 16:08:07

i only park like that to stop idiots opening there doors onto my car and denting it

Same here.....dings really do my head in! aaarrrrgghhh

And then for some unknown reason, someone has to park right next to it even if theres loads of empty spaces!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes yes, I fully agree. Door dents are well annoying. I saw a bloke push a trolley into someone's car. When he realised it wasn't my car he damaged he just drove off. I'm sure he realised if it was my car I wouldnt just be standing there!!

I either park on the ends where only one person can park nex to it or far far away!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I do the same. Hate the way some other people have no respect for your paintwork in supermarket car parks. My biggest pet hate is 4x4s as their doors nicely ding paintwork and a lot of them are driven by people who can't manouvre them (controversal?!).

I try and park between two nice, well cared for cars in the hope that the owners will know better!

Also, I have to admit to looking at my car's reflection in shop windows when driving through towns. Trouble is some of the shops are sad and people probably wonder why i'm so keen to look! [:D]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 23/01/2005 16:48:40

i only park like that to stop idiots opening there doors onto my car and denting it

Me too![8D]

Yeah me too!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I always park as far away from the store as possible, my ex girlfriend used to always moan about it. (especially when it was raining[:D][:D]).Why is it though that when you park up its so empty around your car but when you come back there is always someone with a picasso or sharan with kids parked right on top of you!!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][}:)][}:)][}:)]. Some people just dont care about banging ure doors/paintwork.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by g-master on 23/01/2005 19:07:50

Me too![8D]

Yeah me too!

Yep, so do I[:D]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Quote: posted by g-master on 23/01/2005 19:07:50

Me too![8D]

Yeah me too!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
NorwichV5 to answer your question this is just normal behaviour, I do the same myself. The voices in my head always tell me to park in the corner of the car park to keep my baby away from nasty car owners who may dent her. [;)][:D]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Got to admit that I do the same. Or I park in mother and child or disabled (because there wider)

Or in the middle of two spaces.

If non of the above is available then I try to park between the two most expensive cars I can....

However I always find that when I come back thers always a G reg sierra or the like parked about 3" from my car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts