Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
no mike.mine started life as a desiel anni valance as they are cheaper than the petrol ones.

used a 4 motion rear valance as a template and cut it myself.

·
Registered
368 Posts
no mike.mine started life as a desiel anni valance as they are cheaper than the petrol ones.

used a 4 motion rear valance as a template and cut it myself.
J111ASE how difficult was it to cut the valance and what did you use to cut it?
Cheers
D

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
was quite easy to do.hardest bit is plucking up the bottle to make the first cut.

all i would say is measure it 100 times before you cut.

i used a hand copeing saw to get the main shape then moved on to a very very sharp knife.

then ones i got the shape moved on to a round file to get the shape more rounded and perfect.

then just a quick sand with wet and dry.

after every cut i test fitted it to car and marked out where to cut next and how much.

pick aday when you have all day to do it and take your time.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nope.

Its an anni valance if you want single exit exhaust or 4mo valance for the dual exit exhaust.
The Anni Valance was made with the V6 style rear valance, but it was only available in the U.S..... not sure if anyone in this country has one... I'll try and find a pic

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thankyou for all the input guys[:)] not sure what im gonna do yet but you have defo given me a few ideas to consider. might try making my own cutout from an anni valance..

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nope.

Its an anni valance if you want single exit exhaust or 4mo valance for the dual exit exhaust.
The Anni Valance was made with the V6 style rear valance, but it was only available in the U.S..... not sure if anyone in this country has one... I'll try and find a pic
There you go... I found a picture and a part number:

1JO 071 610B 9AX (defo check first)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a picture of the back of the petrol valance to show you what I thought Jace had cut out.

Posted Image

Mike
cheers mike it was me you spoke to today, cheers for rmbrin to stick one in the boot [:)] just got to get the cash together [:(]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts