Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im having problems with my security light on the door pin. i was in the middle of doing a blue led mod and had it working. when i taped my soldering up, a joint broke and when i resoldered it, it wouldnt work again. i tried a new resistor in case i overheated the one i had by soldering. i can make the led work off a battery 12v with no problems but it wont work in the car. just wondering is there a fuse for the security light? i have pulled out all the fuses and cant find a blown one so i am a bit stumped atm. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
No direct fuse I'm afraid as it's powered from the main window/locking module in the drivers door.You could always try disconnecting the car battery for about five minutes.

Chris.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply chris, got it working, as it turns out there is a resistor in line soldered to the led, and the led i was replacing it with was a different voltage so i had to get a different resistor. silly me!! the mod looks really well, you dont see too many blue super bright led's as security lights. think i had a damaged resistor the first time? thanks again for your time chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts