Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Is my GT TDI 140 too quick?

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Wolfsburg6 
#1 ·
I'm starting to think that my new (as of Friday) '06 Golf has been remapped by a previous owner. On the weekend I tried a few 0-60 runs and I got 7.5 seconds. Even taking stopwatch/speedo error into consideration it certainly was under 8 seconds. And yesterday on the M1 I had a showdown with 325ti, and was slightly quicker (trust me, he was trying). Does this sound like a standard 140 to you lot?

#5 ·
yesterday on the M1 I had a showdown with 325ti, and was slightly quicker (trust me, he was trying).
How do you know he was trying lol, i wouldnt waste fuel in my 330 'racing' a diesel golf ...
Bearing in mind there are 300bhp "diesel golfs" hanging about i would be carefull what you say as you might be supprised, My 170 remapped will go to 230-240 with only a small exhaust Mod

#9 ·
Bearing in mind there are 300bhp "diesel golfs" hanging about i would be carefull what you say as you might be supprised, My 170 remapped will go to 230-240 with only a small exhaust Mod
Pah, only messing [:p] Golfs can be made to go very quick in a straight line, but unfortunately most roads have corners in them, which is essentially why i sold my Ed30 - its wasnt very good at going round them lol ...

Surely the easiest way to find out if its mapped is to plug it into VAG-COM, then go for a drive and watch the boost readings? If its mapped it'll be a lot higher than it should be!!

#10 ·
where abouts are you ? im going on a Rolling road day in March near guildford, Going to see what my stock power is then get De-DPF and remap hopefully going for 240bhp :-D
In Chiswick, London. 240!? gosh. What mods do you have thus far?

If I book a rolling road session and it turns out my Golf isn't mapped I think I'll need to assess my stopwatch technique very carefully. That or my speedo.

#12 ·
Pah, only messing
Golfs can be made to go very quick in a straight line, but unfortunately most roads have corners in them, which is essentially why i sold my Ed30 - its wasnt very good at going round them lol ...

Surely the easiest way to find out if its mapped is to plug it into VAG-COM, then go for a drive and watch the boost readings? If its mapped it'll be a lot higher than it should be!!
Are you sure you were driving it properly?[:p]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.