Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think that my new (as of Friday) '06 Golf has been remapped by a previous owner. On the weekend I tried a few 0-60 runs and I got 7.5 seconds. Even taking stopwatch/speedo error into consideration it certainly was under 8 seconds. And yesterday on the M1 I had a showdown with 325ti, and was slightly quicker (trust me, he was trying). Does this sound like a standard 140 to you lot?

·
Registered
72 Posts
that does seem nippy usually do about 9 to 60, could well have been, try it on a rolling road, always a nice thing to do and costs like £20

·
Registered
119 Posts
will give my 170 a 0-60 run and let you know my finding should give you somthing to guage off of, how ever defo sounds mapped to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
yesterday on the M1 I had a showdown with 325ti, and was slightly quicker (trust me, he was trying).
How do you know he was trying lol, i wouldnt waste fuel in my 330 'racing' a diesel golf ...

·
Registered
119 Posts
yesterday on the M1 I had a showdown with 325ti, and was slightly quicker (trust me, he was trying).
How do you know he was trying lol, i wouldnt waste fuel in my 330 'racing' a diesel golf ...
Bearing in mind there are 300bhp "diesel golfs" hanging about i would be carefull what you say as you might be supprised, My 170 remapped will go to 230-240 with only a small exhaust Mod

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I'm gonna book it in for a rolling road session - need to find somewhere in West London ideally. I was originally going to bluefin it so I need to know for sure before splashing out 400 quid.

·
Registered
119 Posts
where abouts are you ? im going on a Rolling road day in March near guildford, Going to see what my stock power is then get De-DPF and remap hopefully going for 240bhp :-D

·
Registered
292 Posts
VW driver did a 0-60 run on a 2.0Tdi and they managed 8.2seconds to 60mph so it may be VW underestimated the 0-60 times like they do with the bhp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bearing in mind there are 300bhp "diesel golfs" hanging about i would be carefull what you say as you might be supprised, My 170 remapped will go to 230-240 with only a small exhaust Mod
Pah, only messing [:p] Golfs can be made to go very quick in a straight line, but unfortunately most roads have corners in them, which is essentially why i sold my Ed30 - its wasnt very good at going round them lol ...

Surely the easiest way to find out if its mapped is to plug it into VAG-COM, then go for a drive and watch the boost readings? If its mapped it'll be a lot higher than it should be!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where abouts are you ? im going on a Rolling road day in March near guildford, Going to see what my stock power is then get De-DPF and remap hopefully going for 240bhp :-D
In Chiswick, London. 240!? gosh. What mods do you have thus far?

If I book a rolling road session and it turns out my Golf isn't mapped I think I'll need to assess my stopwatch technique very carefully. That or my speedo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yea do bear in mind that your speedo will be about 5-7mph out at that speed (confirm it with a GPS) i have no mods so far just standard GT 170 bhp so im going to rolling road it to see what im actually getting standard then see what i get after the map

·
Registered
764 Posts
Pah, only messing
Golfs can be made to go very quick in a straight line, but unfortunately most roads have corners in them, which is essentially why i sold my Ed30 - its wasnt very good at going round them lol ...

Surely the easiest way to find out if its mapped is to plug it into VAG-COM, then go for a drive and watch the boost readings? If its mapped it'll be a lot higher than it should be!!
Are you sure you were driving it properly?[:p]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VW driver did a 0-60 run on a 2.0Tdi and they managed 8.2seconds to 60mph so it may be VW underestimated the 0-60 times like they do with the bhp
Given what Randall said about speedos being around 7mph out, that could put me at 8.2 seconds as well. Still nifty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts