I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what do you think

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
a conrod gone through the block?? with the bhp your pushing from the 1.8 id say its a good chance engine, but i hope im wrong.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks like a fair amount of oil John, unless you have changed the oil today or the service you recently had the plug wasnt tightened? Have you checked the levels?

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry. It was a tonge in cgeek poll. It's rod through block, sump contents on road in a big cloud of smoke time. Bugger!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Quote: posted by Wilko on 04/04/2005 23:46:53

Sorry. It was a tonge in cgeek poll. It's rod through block, sump contents on road in a big cloud of smoke time. Bugger!

Ouch hadn't looked at the link. Thats not good, at least new bits might take some more tweaking [:D]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Unlucky fella... must have been a heart in mouth moment!

I was in my mates car today which happened to completely die at 90mph on the A1... engine died, which is funnily enough what i thought was gonna happen to me!

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1.) I already have a brand new ported & polished large port head with inconel exhaust valves, and nitrided stainless inlet valves, along with inlet manifold, gaskets, head bolts sat in a box at home.

2.)I also have a set of tt/s3 ceramic coated pistons in the garage, and my pauter rods are currently in customs at east mids airport.

3.) I've found a brand new AGU bottom end going silly cheap, which I will have before the end of the week, unless JBS can source a new tt block and crank for decent money. They say they can.

4.) Car at JBS for a couple of weeks getting the rebuild done, run it in for a week, then wind the boost back up, and hopefully get Mitch to tweak the map before inters.

5.) Bigger front mount before inters if I can set it up.

6.) 4 dunlop super sport race 235/40 zr18 track tyres sat next to my desk to be fitted when the motor is run in.

7.) Strip some weight, and be fastest MKiv on the sprint at inters sat & sunday.

8.) Look at bank balance and cry.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Quote: posted by Wilko on 05/04/2005 10:48:16

8.) Look at bank balance and cry.

9. Look back at 7.) and smile again.

Seriously, good work, hasnt taken you long! Hope it goes well again soon. [^]

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A text message I recieved from a mate this morning.

"Whats the difference between Johns car and an impoverished alcoholic?"

"Piston Broke"

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Mart4875 on 05/04/2005 10:37:59

Wilko I think andymac wants to know what your plans are [:D][:D]

Hehe.. I'm not sure about that actually mart.. perhaps you could make that doubly clear Andy ? [;)][:)]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts