Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a full FIS Bora Sport cluster for my Anni.

Just wondering if my current half FIS Anni cluster will be worth anything if I sell it on ebay?

Obviously, it has more than 100 miles on the clock, can it be reset back to zero and re-used by someone else?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Surely your better off keeping it so you can put the car back to factory spec.

I'm saying that assuming the Anni cluster is a bit special but guess it isn't otherwise you wouldn't changing it.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
How easy would it retro fit to mine, a 150 PD, 2003MY.

Seems the immobiliser can be problematic?
Milage would need resetting to 0 then you would need it fitting and recoding by a friendly VW dealer.

They won't touch a cluster with milage different to your current milage.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The immobiliser issues are dealt with by recoding which has to be done
by a dealer unless you have your immobiliser SKC which I doubt as newer
cars didnt come with them on the keyring.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My spare key has a barcode attached to it on a seperate tag, could this be the SKC?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just out of interest, when a 0 mile cluster is installed, does it automatically display the current mileage of your car when it's plugged in or does it need to be coded?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The immobiliser issues are dealt with by recoding which has to be done by a dealer unless you have your immobiliser SKC which I doubt as newer cars didnt come with them on the keyring.
Ha, I've just found three keyrings, one single and two together...all will little stickers on with codes etc! I haven't a clue which one is for this car!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Just out of interest, when a 0 mile cluster is
installed, does it automatically display the current mileage of your
car when it's plugged in or does it need to be coded?
Needs to be coded.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this why the stealer can be a bit fussy, i.e. may suspect you're trying to install a lower mileage cluster into a higher mileage car?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Is this why the stealer can be a bit fussy,
i.e. may suspect you're trying to install a lower mileage cluster into
a higher mileage car?
Assume so as they were insistent that the cluster that I was providing had 0 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What would it be worth (it's mint, no scratches or marks)?

Also, how much do the full FIS clusters go for these days?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I've got a spare petrol rev counter face for the Bora sport cluster.

I guess thechief wants to swap the foils over. I've done it before, its quite easy.

FIS cluster can fetch upto ?200. Sem if I was you try getting a normal Golf FIS cluster and you can swap your existing foils over to make it into Anni cluster . The only thing you need to check is your existing cluster VDO, if so you can use the foils and glass on the FIS

All FIS cluster are VDO, you need part no IJ0 920 946C or IJ5 920 946C (bora sport).

The dealers can code you a second hand cluster in, just before you take it make sure you get the mileage set to 0 on the used cluster. Then they'll set the mileage for you correctly

I'll try and help you or any other member who finds a used FIS cluster in getting it coded

1 - 20 of 20 Posts