Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Starry on 12/11/2004 19:54:54

its been said on here many times that jabba's rr is not to accurate. has any one been on jabba's and then been on another with the exact same setup. just as a comparison?....

cheers..

Starry.......

Find someones RR which is accurate but how do you prove it?

Way back when... mine was firsyt IHI'd it read 325bhp 280lbft and the week after I got it back I ran at Stealth and read the same figures within a couple..

Are either 'accurate'? They compared at the time.

Make of that what you will.

I have also been on rollers which say mine has 255bhp.. but I kinda doubted those figures.. LOL

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by ANDYTQ on 12/11/2004 23:06:07

Bill when are you going to G FORCE,their rollers are supposed to be super accurate,used for testing gt cars etc to unsure they don't cheat on outputs.[:D]Andy

end of this month.

Should be interesting.. only at the wheels figures from them i think. (guess)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard W on 15/11/2004 15:03:15

Back to Topic....

Accuracy of RR figures is a myth, they can be set up to a degree of accuracy, but each will differ over time/wear etc. The important thing is to measure under the same conditions - the same RR will probably give slightly different readings on the same car on different days. As someone has already mentioned the figures are almost immaterial, it's the quality of improvement that counts!

Just some of the worms......[:eek:)]

Well if you talk to Mustang Dyno and the only one in the UK in Tewksbury they insit theirs is the ONLY accurate dyno no matter how low it reads.. Well its American is'nt it so it has to be the biggest, bestest, baddest mofo on the planet..

For ref.. the vehicle simulation mode on the mustang was replicating my bruntingthorpe times for standing starts 0-60, 0-100 etc which is a cool different way to play on a dyno.. As for its power figures tho.. 255atw for mine.. and 320atw on JBS rollers as a recent comparison, where std LCR's did std power.

As a tuning tool.. its great.

Is it accurate tho? who knows.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by Richard W on 16/11/2004 15:37:51

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 16/11/2004 14:47:25

...snip...

My point exactly!

Another question then..

(IF) you go to a RR where stock cars put out over stock figures.. and its said they always do, conservative manufacturers etc... and then go to another which reads stock power cars at stock power.. which do you believe to be more realistic? Comparisons on the same day same dyno between stock and modded/chipped cars is the closest you would be able gauge differences..

Not even same RR different day compares.. as you can see from JBS dyno on the previous MKIV's day and after its lightening strike and repairs for a more recent seatcupra.net day there. (write up below)

http://www.seatcupra.net/JBSrollingroadday_071104.htm

things change..

Compare relative to the day and make your own mind up.. One good thing about these 'fun' dyno days..

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote: posted by LIAMH on 20/11/2004 02:39:48

Quote: posted by Badger5 on 16/11/2004 14:47:25

Quote: posted by Richard W on 15/11/2004 15:03:15

Back to Topic....

Accuracy of RR figures is a myth, they can be set up to a degree of accuracy, but each will differ over time/wear etc. The important thing is to measure under the same conditions - the same RR will probably give slightly different readings on the same car on different days. As someone has already mentioned the figures are almost immaterial, it's the quality of improvement that counts!

Just some of the worms......[:eek:)]

Well if you talk to Mustang Dyno and the only one in the UK in Tewksbury they insit theirs is the ONLY accurate dyno no matter how low it reads.. Well its American is'nt it so it has to be the biggest, bestest, baddest mofo on the planet..

For ref.. the vehicle simulation mode on the mustang was replicating my bruntingthorpe times for standing starts 0-60, 0-100 etc which is a cool different way to play on a dyno.. As for its power figures tho.. 255atw for mine.. and 320atw on JBS rollers as a recent comparison, where std LCR's did std power.

Name the cars that are quicker from 60 - 100 that from 0-60

all you get is exotica.... there is no way that Dyno is Accurate

I bet those guys with big power K04'S on vwvortex are not using that Dyno

I know..

try convincing them that tho.. [8)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.