Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been offered complete sat nav system for MKIV including 6cd in boot for ?750 all in, system is as new, they want my gamma and current in dash 6cd in part ex, where do you think i need to be?

cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its a version "D", G is a better version if you are looking and what disc was it? 2003/2004 (without TMC) as 2005 is now out on the streets with TMC which if you trust ebay can be picked up for ?90, its ?155 from navtech. the earlier disc is OK if you dont mind driving through a field occasionally when there was a field there, but now has a nice bit of tarmac.

If they are asking for your six in dash changer AND gamma then thats not to good, you may need that to refit if you decided to change car and fit it back in. again find out what disc they are offering.

Went through the trials and tribulastions of DIY fit and have it done, pain ?925 for version G, TMC, 2005 disc and still got my own stuff radio and CD. Might seem high to you, but got a years guarentee and peace of mind.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
That's a rip off mate!!

I have just bought and fitted a Sat Nav system to F4T4SS from a trusted Ebay seller, check this link out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=5778164903

Top service, top bloke and everything is in A1 condition!!!

Do the right thing mate!!
Thats where I got mine from, also got a new disc off Ebay for ?60 as I live by the M6 Toll and was driving through a lot of fields before!!

Let me know if anyone is interested in it.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's a rip off mate!!

I have just bought and fitted a Sat Nav system to F4T4SS from a trusted Ebay seller, check this link out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14946&item=5778164903

Top service, top bloke and everything is in A1 condition!!!

Do the right thing mate!!
Thats where I got mine from, also got a new disc off Ebay for ?60 as I live by the M6 Toll and was driving through a lot of fields before!!

Let me know if anyone is interested in it.
What was the seller's name that you got the CD off then mate? I could do with that as it doesn't recognise some of the roads aroun where I live at the moment.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
He only had the one i'm afriad.  Its got protection on it too and I cant figure out how to make backup copies but your more than welcome to try if your going down to ed38 this weekend and have a laptop!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am afraid that I don't have a laptop, bummer!!

Oh well I will just have to search the net or ask on the forum for someone that could maybe do me a copy, thanks anyway mate.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I paid by Bidpay and I am sure that everyone else did, you basically sign up to it and then pay via your credit card, it then pays Symon in American Dollars.

In total it cost me around ?425 delivered and took 2 days to clear the Bidpay transaction and then 2-3 days to get the unit delivered.

Nice and easy, very happy with the unit and the transaction.

·
Registered
794 Posts
cool

what year is the CD? 2005?

I take it he will send me a UK cd.

Also what does the screen do when you play a cd in the unit? Does it run any type of screen saver?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I got the 2004 UK CD so I need to get the newer one now, ANYONE HELP ME ON THAT?!?!?!?

He sends you a CD for the UK, Poland, Germany and France. Not too sure I will need the Poland one though, LOL!!

When your playing a CD the screen doesn't have a screen saver, not as far as I am aware!!?!??

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The screen displays the track, the time, the CD and that's about it? Although you can obviously use the navigation system while listening to music.

I believe that the amp is better on the Sat Nav as I seem to have more bass? I also believe that the G version has a better amp than the D but I am not too sure if that is true? I have read mixed reviews?!?!

·
Registered
794 Posts
cool

I'll get one on order i think

Can you change the voice prompts? e.g male or female.

Does the voice prompt come in and out when listening to music ?

Can i listen to the radio and have the sat nav cd in and run sat nav when listening to the radio because i dont have a cd changer as yet

1 - 20 of 44 Posts