Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...take AAAAAGGGGGEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS to heat up! Sometimes i think theres some technical fault, so i thought i'd ask if anyone has the same problem!

Cheers,

Sam!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thought you were going to ask - does it steer to the left!?[|)]

Mine (2.0) takes about 5 mins (probably a little more)on idling to get to the mid point. Driving it will take a lot less (obviously). When u say ages, what sort of time?

·
Registered
41 Posts
i think this may well be the stupidest question ever but shove it - i've noticed that my mkiv gt tdi pulls to the left - i take it this is common an nought to worry bout ?

nb - sorry for changing the topic

nnb - mine seems to warm up within 5/10 mins [^][^]

·
Registered
56 Posts
i thought it was going to be a 'does it take ages to clear condensation / mist from your screen'..........

and mine takes FOREVER!!!!

and it's winter again. 10 minutes sat in the car park afterwork.

I have tried every setting i can think off!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It's nearly home time..........[:(]

·
Registered
581 Posts
my 1.8t takes 2-5 mins of slow driving at low rpm to warm up depending on the weather. My friends 1.8t takes between 5 and 10 minutes to warm up with the same style driving.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No guys, im sorry didnt ask the question properly...

... i meant does the INSIDE take ages to heat up!

Alanm005 - No worries, but mine does steer to the left sometimes, and only a little bit!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by sdesailly on 01/12/2004 17:36:55

No guys, im sorry didnt ask the question properly...

... i meant does the INSIDE take ages to heat up!

Nope, sorry [:D]

But I agree the screen's an effing nightmare!

·
Registered
316 Posts
i know i shouldnt but i drive with the window still steamed up some times

that or use the AirCon to clear it quicker (no good below 5oC tho [:(]

·
Registered
942 Posts
Clean your screens properly then [;)]

I use meths on my screen every now and again. It fetches the dirt off very well from the inside, and the misting also seems to clear a lot quicker too.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
... ... ... Apparantly the TDI is sooooo efficient, that at idle it can never reach normal operating temperature. That is cold start and leave it running it just won't get that warm ... ... which is worrying if you are stuck in a BAD traffic jam, it means that the internal heater is going to get cooler ! [not good]

Go to Item 2c and read it for yourselves

http://tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/TDiFAQ-2.html

So there !! For once us TDI owners are having our cake BUT NOT eating it as well !!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Takes 2 miles of moderate driving for the engine temp to get to the mid point. The interior is always warm and there's never any condensation unless it's raining and the A/C is off [:D]. Yeah, I know I deserve a good slagging for that. Sorry[;)].

·
Registered
581 Posts
Quote: posted by pope1 on 02/12/2004 01:10:31

Takes 2 miles of moderate driving for the engine temp to get to the mid point. The interior is always warm and there's never any condensation unless it's raining and the A/C is off [:D]. Yeah, I know I deserve a good slagging for that. Sorry[;)].

pmsl! alright for some! [:)]

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah a good while, 7 miles to work & the engine coolant indicator is just getting to the middle, but I'm as warm as toast within 1/2 a mile with the heated seats...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts