Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is there a severe lack of good mobile phones around??

I renewed my contract last week, and after having a bad time with my SE K700i (knackered joystick), i decided not to go for the K750. Instead, i went for the Nokia 6680. It came this morning...

How BIG!!??

It needs to be like 75% of its size....... im gonna phone to see if i can return it, its a good phone, but its far far far too big.

So, erm - deep breath - is it just me, then?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
My other half is looking for a phone just now but just can't decide on one.

I'm getting to the stage that I just want a phone that is small and can phone people.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too, and the only one that fits that seems to be the 6230 - the phone which everyone has!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Satnam what about for poor people!!! That phones like ????? ----but thats to keep it exclusive right?

Yes agreed there are some crap phones at the moment. There sooo big and chunky!
Its soo bad ive gone back to my 6100. Small slim and functional. Now awaiting a decent phone to upgrade to.......

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Satnam what about for poor people!!! That phones like ????? ----but thats to keep it exclusive right?

Yes agreed there are some crap phones at the moment. There sooo big and chunky!

Its soo bad ive gone back to my 6100. Small slim and functional. Now awaiting a decent phone to upgrade to.......
Sonny got one for ?20 [:O] and was pay as you go all legit aswell [:O] lol

on the other hand what about the samsung V3 i know its not the best of
phones but if your just going to be using it for calling its more than
sufficient, or even the 6230 even though every tom dick and harrys got
one they do their job well.

Sat

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
New Nokia N80 looks quite interesting, but the build on modern Nokias
seems very cheap to me. I couldn't find anything I liked, ended up
changing my SPV C500 for a SPV C600 - really please. The screen
resolution is so much higher you get this fantastic fine text,
everything looks very neat...and they have cleared up all the niggles
the C500 had. Not keen on the joystick though, quite fiddly.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well phoned up and requested an SE K750 instead, at least its the right size and has a cracking camera. (no joystick woes tho, please!).

Vodafone were great about it actually, no problems and just hand the 6680 to the driver when it comes tomorrow (only phoned at 4.30, how goods that!)

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have just ordered myself one of the brand spanking new Motorola V3X's just hope it works as I have heard a few problems with the Bluetooth on the older versions of the V3 and the V3i.

I did try to get the new Nokia N90 but apparently its not available, all they had was N70 which I had a look at but wasn't convinced with .

I also tried after the Orange SPV C600 but a few of the different places I tried either didn't have them or weren't sure if they where gonna be getting them but then the wasn't entirely sold on it yet as I wasn't keen on the look though its pretty unbeatable for all the features it has.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My next phone. A Treo 700w running Windows Mobile 5.0

Posted Image

I had the Treo 600 which I absolutely loved, apart from the crap camera and lack of bluetooth it was perfect... the Treo 700w addresses both of those concerns.

C

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got a SE K750i for Christmas on a new Virgin contract and it's absolutely brilliant. Nice size, good 'manly' colour, great camera and nice and easy to use (especially txting).

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

I was due an upgrade in Novenber and have been looking around but NOTHING takes my fancy at the moment.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson S700i and I can't fault it in any way, been really pleased with it. Was thinking of getting the new SE W900 but after going down The Link and having a look at it I decided not to. Feels very plasticky and fragile, not like my solid S700i, so thats put me off that now.

I like the Nokia N80 so will see what thats like when its released, or maybe SE will have a good phone out by then.

L

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Looked at changing my phone a couple of weeks ago but a lot of the new models are HUGE. In the end I opted for the 6230i - yes, I know everyone has it but it's a good size to slip into a suit jacket pocket, has a good camera and bluetooth....all the things I wanted. Plus it was free, they increased my minutes and gave me 50 free texts all in for ?15 p/m

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Just been looking at new phones, my works 6310i has started to give up and i'm tempted by the 6230i as it's a Nokia and the Menus are simple. Also liking the look of the Razr, Samsung D600 and Motorolla PEBL.

Any opinions on what would be best for and old skool 6310i boy

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I downgraded from a 6230i to a N70.  The phone is huge and riddled with software issues.  It has not even got an automatic key guard.  It was sent out with really old firmware on, to get it upgraded I have to send it away, I cannot even get it upgraded at a Nokia service centre.  The 2MP camera is pretty good though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts