Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read on another forum just that apparently wax such as p21s is no good on my black magic golf as it has carnaba wax in and this is not sutable for pearl cars? anyone know why not?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
No idea, and in any case all modern car paint finishes have a clearcoat on top, so you're not really waxing the paint anyway...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Not sure where you heard that one! never heard that before! lol

Been using clearkote cab wax on my black magic car for 3 years now, never a problems. It has helped it retain its look more than anything else. And guess what, my new MK5 GTI will be the same colour and I will use cab clearkote wax on that too, although it will be diamond brite'd when I first get it.

Dont think you anything to worry about mate.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
This is how rumours start! lol

It will be totally fine on any black car... You will just get a deaper "wet" shine if you use cab wax on a flat black car as it does not have any metallic "flake" in the paint.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Essex, that looks spanking mate!!! What did you use for that? Im getting some P21s at the w/e for my reflex silver car, im thinking of getting some Clearkote de-swirler stuff for before the waxing is that recommended or not worth it?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I can recommend the hand glaze, it will remove a few swirls and hide the rest. Has a small amount of wax in it too which will leave you a nice smooth later for application of the P21s wax!

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
What a load of Sh!t

P21S is fine for any finish, especialy so on black [Y]

You can also try Nattys Blue or Pinnicle wax

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
What a load of Sh!t

P21S is fine for any finish, especialy so on black [Y]

You can also try Nattys Blue or Pinnicle wax
I did a friends Black Golf today with the PC, used the full Menzerna set & topped it with Pinnicle sovreign wax, it looked awesome when it was done.

& dont worry, pic's & write up will follow monday

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well the Swiisol Clay Bar, Clearkote Glaze and p21s has been ordered n hopefully be here for the weekend. N do you know what, im actually really looking forward to doing it! How sad am i![:$]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well the Swiisol Clay Bar, Clearkote Glaze and p21s has been ordered n hopefully be here for the weekend. N do you know what, im actually really looking forward to doing it! How sad am i![:$]
Nowt sad about that, very satisfying making your car gleam!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I woke up this morning, thinking it was Saturday =(!!!! My p21s and glaze came yesterday, just waiting for the paint rubber to come, and im all set!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts