Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking at buying my first Golf gt tdi (150) but im wondering whether its really worth the extra cash (1-1.5k). Or would the better option just to be spending more money on a decent 'standard' gt tdi with Xenon's, heated seats, cruise control, leather seats etc??

I know the external looks differ on the anni and I do prefer the look of it, but is it worth the extra for less equiptment...?

cheers!

Dave

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
It depends what you want to do. The Anni comes standard out the factory like it is which is why it appealed to me as i didnt need to spend money doing it up.

You could buy a normal GT TDI and do it up your own way.

Even if you do buy a Anni i guarantee you wont leave it like it is. I bought mine then started doing little bits and bobs to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh i do have a tendency to do bits and spend money on my car anyway! lol

what are people thoughts on a subtle body kit? suggests? costs?

im thinking, get a decent base model and with the money I save not getting an anni spend it on other things...

cheers!

·
10,384 Posts
Yeh get an R32 kit and some nice alloys with coilovers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Anni deffo. If you buy a standard one you'll probably start adding anni bits to it anyway!! But if you added it all up to put anni bits onto a standard... £500 for the wheels... £300 ... headlining... £500 seats... £190 front lights... £90 rear valance... £90 front valance... £150 seat belts... £300 side skirts .... do i need to go on?!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Can of worms...
haha sorry!!!!
Dont apologise mate [:D]

I have had this heated discussion with a member or two before and you will find that some agree with the premium the Anni warrants, and some do not. Each to their own in the end...

For me personally it was worthwhile, and I guess thats what you have to ask yourself in the end [y]

·
10,384 Posts
Can of worms...
haha sorry!!!!
Dont apologise mate

I have had this heated discussion with a member or two before and you will find that some agree with the premium the Anni warrants, and some do not. Each to their own in the end...

For me personally it was worthwhile, and I guess thats what you have to ask yourself in the end
I think it was worth it [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts