Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more cars on here seem to have air,bought air or are planning on it in the near future,is it slowly starting to take over the UK scene?

Discuss...................................

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
I would like my car sat lower, But with the amount of speed bumps & the angle of my driveway its just not practacle.

So probably the best option is to fit air, Have it low when needed but the ease of raising it up when required

·
Fast or low and slow, that is the question.
4,607 Posts
I personaly went for air beacuse my car is driven over 50 miles a day over a veritety of different road surfaces. So in order to acheive the stance I want on 17's would proberly cause more issues than really needed.

I really do admire the guys who slam their car on coils and achieve that sweet spot in stance, unfortunately though I do not have the time/patience or deep enough pockets to buy a second car (I'm 20) or fix the car when any trouble might arise.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I personaly went for air beacuse my car is driven over 50 miles a day over a veritety of different road surfaces. So in order to acheive the stance I want on 17's would proberly cause more issues than really needed.

I really do admire the guys who slam their car on coils and achieve that sweet spot in stance, unfortunately though I do not have the time/patience or deep enough pockets to buy a second car (I'm 20) or fix the car when any trouble might arise.
x2 could not of put it better myself. Air ride has so many advantages. i just cant be arsed to type much tonight!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I went for air because it was the best option for me, I want to run low but the roads don't allow to drive low without damaging your car, it's also much more comfortable than my coils. I think it's the best option for our poop roads.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think due to the nanny state situation along with poor road quality for people to go low air is the best option although i have coilovers but I can't go as low and I think with the product now being sold by stance solutions more cars will either have coilovers with air on top or just full air systems

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
would love it too but for me the figures just dont work

couldnt justify that kinda money on something like that,

trouble is with everyone getting it the scene will be filled with cars on air and ill be left out, i mean i mustve seen at least 10 threads saying they now got air or are getting it shortly just in the last week. Im not having a dig, fairplay to you.

oh well odd one out again

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
2 grand for air? that maybe pocket change to some of you but thats way too much for me.
no.

i for one, saved for good few long months
months!!!, would be years for me to save up that in the current climate. fair play to you matey

youve probably spent more on sumps alone than ive spent on my entire car, including buying it hehe[lol-lol]

·
Pauper with big ideas
2,041 Posts
As others have already said, I think it's becoming a necessity for some, including myself. If I want the R-Line bumpers, the 18's, and get the car low, then I'm gonna NEED air to get over the speed bumps round here. We've got the square variety, and they're ridiculously high- around 6 inches or more- when they were originally put in the council had to come back and re-do them after 2 days because of the damage they were causing to peoples cars.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
2k aint pocket change for me mate. i work for myself so i dont have a monthly income thats the same all the time. the tax man normally gets most my money!

It will take me a while to get the air i want as its near the 3.5k mark but i mite just wait and see if it comes down in price. Having 2 kids and a house to pay for makes saving for things like that harder too as there are more important things than the car (so the wife tells me lol )

I also hate scene bods that live with there mummy too, and make you out to be a mug coz you aint got the latest BBS split rims on ya car!! so like to get things when its not fashionable to have it! I do things to my car coz i want to, not coz some internet rule book says so!

air is sweet coz of all the speed bump bizzle and the fact of loosing sumps every 2 months!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
hmmm.well there seems to be a lot of young lads on here that get they're parents to pay for everything which is great for them i guess!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i would love it. but i just couldnt spend 1500-2000 ish on air and couldnt afford it even if it made sense and my car aint worth that haha.

cant even afford some JOM coils at the min [:DD]

1 - 20 of 109 Posts