Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know which ipod will work on my golf mk5 fsi. I have tried the older ipod model but does not work, I would like to know which ipod is compatible, the ipod connector is in the armrest. Could any one help me please ? :/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you show me pictures of the 1st and 2nd generation ipods because I dont know which ones which. Also do you know where I can get one from?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Hu says no cd, so I'm guessing they are a common problem, right? It sometimes says error as well. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not too sure, but I think its already updated. How and where do I update the firmware?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
The Hu says no cd, so I'm guessing they are a common problem, right? It sometimes says error as well. :(
Yes, it's knackered and they aren't cheap ie a couple of hundred £ fitted. Fortunately, I had the one on my mk5 done under warranty.

For the iPod firmware, just plug it into iTunes and it'll tell you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[brick] Ok I think there is no point for the hassle.

I guess I'll have to refund the ipod from the guy I got it from and just leave the ipod thing alone.

I'm not very happy but I might just buy my mates JVC headunit and see what happens from there....

Thanks for the help everyone. [Y]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Mmm - agreed. Even after having mine replaced, it's still hit and miss. Didn't have any issues with the one in the glovebox of my previous mk5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've tried the reset thing when you hold the menu and s elect buttons for 10 seconds and still nothing. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok , I don't know how to explain this but here goes anyway.

When I'm in my car I have to listen to music and I have to constantly update my music because I get bored easily when I'm driving and listening to the same music every time, so I was thinking [:cool:] a lot is there anyway I can listen to music without buying CDs every time?

For example usb, mobile connector , preferably the cheapest option, sorry if im being annoying lol. [facepalm]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts