Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
nice find mate, i was gonna buy some adapter off german ebay.....but this sounds much better especially as it charges it to!

where are you plugging it directly into the gamma or into the back of the single cd changer? just wandered if it will work if plugged into the single cd unit?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I was gonna run my dension kit to the arm rest after Sem suggested it. However, I thought it would be a bit too far behind you when driving?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was thinking of putting mine in the cup holder, nice tray cover for it and all...all I need is a foam cut out for it to sit into.

Should have my new stereo and ipod connected next week and will post some pics.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was thinking of putting mine in the cup holder, nice tray cover for it and all...all I need is a foam cut out for it to sit into.
I have thought about doing exactly the same thing.

What are the options for connecting the ipod to the standard mk5 headunit? can you get the id tags and stuff to display on the headunit too? Also what are the options seen as though I already have a 6 disc changer? Soo many questions!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Kenl has fitted his iPod in his MKV so should be able to answer any questions (thanks in advance Kenl!). The Dension ICE link I think is the one to go for. I don't think the standard head unit supports id tag info. I think you're existing changer should be fine - I think it's just a question of pressing the CD button a few times to access the iPod??

Am planning to fit an iPod in my MKV towards the end of the year using the docking cable and install in the glove box rather than the docking cradle as already have mobile phone holder mounted so no room for another cradle! Just got to wait to get my iPod. Folks are heading over to the states in Nov, so planning to get one then and save myself some cash [:D]

·
Registered
368 Posts
I want to move my Denison Ice Link cradle from the console to the
glovebox to move my phone to the dashmont bracket. How doI get the
Denison dock into the glovebox?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anybody done this in their mk4 golf yet?

Im considering it. Have bought an ipod, now just need to work out whether the active cradle fits in the arm rest.

I have contacted dension for the dimensions of the cradle to see, and the length of the lead to find out if it with reach the back of the head unit.

If successful i might put a guide up.

If you ask me, it is way better having the ipod in a cradle fixed in the armrest rather than on the end of the lead in the glovebox etc. Keeping up with the OEM look too.

Shawzy

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
has anyone fitted an ipod in the armrest and is it easy to run the cable?

?Just got my genuine blaupunkt ipod adapter today - apparently it even displays the mp3 tag, itching to get it plumbed in!
I know this looks like an old post, but does that interface work with the VW Gamma? I have one of these, brand new in the box. I bought it for my Blaupunkt head unit in my last car but never fitted it. Had no idea it might work with the VW OEM stuff. Would be a very good solution if it did, although I currently have my iPod connected to the Aux-in of my MFD.

On the subject of iPod mounting, this is a real PITA. I just have it lying around on my passenger seat, but I've tried the cup holder although that obscures the MFD. I think I'll have to break out my old suction windscreen holder. There doesn't seem to be any other place on the dash for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've just fitted my new alpine ida x001 and i'm gonna be putting the ipod lead into the arm rest next week when my new amp arrives, i'll let you know how i get on should be a doddle ALPINE PDX-4.150 4 CH DIGITAL AMPLIFIER bought two from USA and will be selling one to help pay for import and postage if anyone interested(not avalible in the uk yet)

·
Registered
971 Posts
ive got my ipod in the armrest and to be honest it wasnt to hard to do.its great hid away so the theivin people cant see it.

its well worth doing it

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you just have the dock cable or is it an active cradle?

The dimensions Dension gave me indicates that it should fit in a treat. Im gonna order one tomorrow and fit it all at weekend.

The 1m cable should easily reach.

·
Registered
971 Posts
its the active cradle had it a while now and i wont be missin fiddleing with cds lol

you wont regret doing it mate. il do it in every car i own in the future

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
has anyone fitted an ipod in the armrest and is it easy to run the cable?

Just got my genuine blaupunkt ipod adapter today - apparently it even displays the mp3 tag, itching to get it plumbed in!

check it out[:D]

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop.php?category=%2FiPod%2F&product=1148
If your set displays all the playlists etc off your iPod the best place for it is in the glove box surely? Thats where I put my one (my set). I can't be doing with having to navigate using the iPod, especially because I'm constantly flicking between tunes. That is 1 problem with having an iPod, too much choice :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
heres the pics steve mate, i also left some slack in the wire so it can move a bit when the armrest is lifted and i put alittle grease on the wire too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts