Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camping List:

• jrw - 2 tents (2man, 6man), 5 people, 2-3cars 2nights
  • red-jeffers - PRESUME YOUR NOT COMING???
  • Andrew - 1 tent, 2people, 2nights
  • MikeTDI's mates - 1 tent, 2 people, 2 nights
  • MikeTDI - 1 tent, 2 people, 2 nights
  • VWTAM - 1 tent, 2 people, 2 nights
  • BlueV5 - 1 tent, 1 person, 2 nights
  • mattp1983 - 1 tent, 2 nights
  • J111ASE - 1 tent, 2nights, 1 Person
  • MissT16 - 1 night , 4people - PRESUME YOUR NOT COMING???
  • Cat1.4 - 1 tent, 1 person, 3 nights!!!
  • Golf V5 - 1 tent (8 man - dont try and compete with me!), 4 people
  • Kiz - 1 night, 2 tent s, 5 people
  • Envy - 4 people, 1 tent, 2 nights

Just to make you all aware of the email recieved today clarifying the parking at the 'Official' campsite for inters:

Cars will not be permitted to park next to tents.<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

All vehicles will be need to be parked in a separate designated area which is adjacent to the 'camping' area.<o:p></o:p>

The website has now been updated to make this clearer.<o:p></o:p>

Best regards<o:p></o:p>

Graham Benford<o:p></o:p>

Lutterworth Event Services Ltd
Looks like ill be looking for somewhere else to camp and no doubt a few others. Since when have you ever not been allowed to park your car next to your tent?

I for one am not prepared to lug a 35kg tent god knows how far, without all the accessories, bbq, food, beer..... And what do we do for tunes?

Anyone else agree with what i'm saying?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yep i am with you i was looking forward to a MKiv`s camping area and being able to sit round and chat about each others cars and be able to look at them as we ate and drank, think this is a silly idea

·
Registered
800 Posts
Heck I agree with you on this! Its the whole point of GTI International, To meet talk and look at cars. There will to many to look at in the space of a few hours during saturday and sunday.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, if I try and find a campsite nearby is everyone up for a UK-MKIVS/UK-POLOS camping get together for Inters?

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is not good news...[:(]....bet they are using the fire regs excuse as to why cars need to be parked away from tents etc.......alot of campsites are going this way these days.......and it sucks!!!!!!!

Nick

PS Would be up for a nearby campsite for a forum gathering.......What we need to do though is complain to the organisers of inters on mass....(pretty sure if loads of clubs moaned they would allow cars again)......or at least get the reasons why the rule has come into force........

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right then!!!

Found one at LE17 5NQ which is 1.7miles from the 'official' campsite in Willoughby Waterleys and 3.2miles to the show which is actually the same distance to the official one!

Just had a chat on the phone and they are very happy for us all to come down and invade and are on a farm in the middle of nowhere and very easy going! (should be ok for music then!!).

The only downer is that there is no showers but I think we could all cope for one weekend!

The big plus is that it is only ?3.50 per night per tent instead of ?20 per person!! I have an 8 berth tent, so some potential savings there!

Please let me know if you want to come down and ill book you a pitch. If we get enough they will book the whole campsite out just to us.

Any questions feel free....

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the only info I have at the moment from the Big Sites Book 2003/2004:

Friendly Farm Site, 4 acres, level, Space for 5 vans and 25 tents (though she said you wouldn't accept vans that weekend if I get enough tents!).

Facilities include:
Chemical toilet disposal
2 Toilets
2 Washbasins
Drinking water
6 Electric hook ups
Shop for food supplies
Restaurant
Bar
Fishing
Good Report by member

As I said, this was from the 2003/2004 book so I don't know whether all the facilities listed are still there. When I have an idea of numbers I will contact her again to check all the details and costs/deposits etc.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just bumping this back up as it seems to have lost its stickyness since the upgrade[:D]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Tabs - you da man[Y]

They are now allowing you to park you car next to your tent:

https://sslrelay.com/www.lutterwortheventservices.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544318c0da91b9/shopdata/index.shopscript

but they still want ?20 per person. So if two people shared a tent thats ?40. You could get a travel inn type place for that. What a rip off.

The campsite you've found sounds a lot better, does it have to be booked in advance? It would be cool if there were loads of people staying there from uk-mkivs.
Yeah I know! Got an email last week but still wanna sort out this campsite if possible.

Ill get a list going and just add you name if you want to come for definate with how many people, tents and cars.

I will give you all until the beginning of May to decide.

Lets get the ball rolling or else the time will be upon us!

So far:

• jrw - 2 tents (2man, 6man), 5 people, 2-3cars
  • red-jeffers
  • Andrew
  • AnniGTI

·
Registered
398 Posts
Can I have A small patch of grass too please = 1 tent....1/2 people......[Y]

Quick Q....Are people planning on staying both Fri and Sat night?????

Nick

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yeah forgot about that!

Im stopping 2 nights!

So far:

• jrw - 2 tents (2man, 6man), 5 people, 2-3cars 2nights
  • red-jeffers
  • Andrew
  • AnniGTI