Any help on trialing the MSN Messenger 8 Beta? I've downloaded it and
the weird 'downgrade to protocal 13' thing that lets you run it when
Microsoft don't really want to, but I can't login - says 'service
unavailable'.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have probably stopped certain services if they don't want people downloading it, which would be why your getting that message.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hmmmmm not sure about this at the mo, looks better than IE 6 but.....

Several annoyances I have noticed are whilst navigating around sites it`s constantly dialing my DSL connection????? the dialogue box is constantly appearing???? On another not the font/clarity of text has changed for all sites including this and I cant seem to alter it?

Anyone else seen these prob`s???

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Just stick with Firefox people, at least they research their product before releasing it!

Since using it i've never had a problem. And it's faster.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Been testing IE7 for a while now along with Windows Vista.

This release is a lot better than the first release trust me! There are still some things that need work on, but from what I've seen it's a vast improvement on IE6.

Jeffers

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember people, BETA version means your TESTING for faults, so things are more than likely to come up. Its the whole reason, your supposed to then feed this back to MS.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hmmmmm not sure about this at the mo, looks better than IE 6 but.....

Several annoyances I have noticed are whilst navigating around sites it`s constantly dialing my DSL connection????? the dialogue box is constantly appearing???? On another not the font/clarity of text has changed for all sites including this and I cant seem to alter it?

Anyone else seen these prob`s???
Carrying out a Restore of default settings seems to have sorted out the above problems.

Oh damn, IE7 cant post images on here and now it cant quote!!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Giving it a go now! Looks just like Firefox [:p]

unavailable'.
Where are you seeing messenger 8? On the site i can only see 7.5.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Giving it a go now! Looks just like Firefox [:p]

unavailable'.
Where are you seeing messenger 8? On the site i can only see 7.5.
[:p]

WLM Messenger Live 8
BETA
It now works [:)] Here is the Protocal 13 thuing you need
to run it : Protocal 13. Now logged
in and it looks quite
cool...Screenshot
... only running 1024x768 at home though

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Guys, any beta software software takes a lot of patience and feeding back - as Graham said really. If you're not of the patient breed, or cba doing the feedback, it's not worth going there in the first place [:)] BETA software will always be riddled with bugs!

Having said that, the potential security flaw doesn't surprise me, I gave up thinking MS could write secure code when 2k lifted off and the trojans all appeared........

C

PS - I'm not of the patient breed, nor am I that arsed about feeding back experiences, so I don't bother personally before anyone asks, and that's my reason why [;)]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Guys, any beta software software takes a lot of patience and feeding back - as Graham said really. If you're not of the patient breed, or cba doing the feedback, it's not worth going there in the first place [:)] BETA software will always be riddled with bugs!
Agreed yeah [:)] I will not install Beta software for a program that is essential to my PC usage again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts