Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Last week when we had all that snow, I was driving down the road and noticed a drip coming out of my lights above the rear view mirror. I took bulb cover off and a few more drips came out. Nothin major though. But since it happened, my lights haven't worked. At the time, I remembered that my rear washer wasn't squirting, which was obviously due to being frozen. But I was just wondering could that be anything to do with my leak, because if the water can't get out the rear squirter, then it has to go somewhere else.

Anyway, what's my options??

Cheers

·
Registered
512 Posts
Alot of people have been having this issue on their audi's recently as well, you can get a repair kit for the rear washer, there is a piece of pipe that joins/goes through the rear wiper motor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have checked the fuses mate. All seem to be ok. That's what's makin me think it might be something not quite so simple. I've taken the bulbs out and tried putting them back in when I was sure it was all dried out. The right hand side bulb isn't turning on. Neither is the centre main bulb. But the left hand side bulb lights up once I put it in. And it stays on when even when I turn the switch off. Strange.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, there's no secondary ariels or anything like that. It's as standard as it comes round that area. That's why i was thinkin it was maybe somethin to do with the rear washer. Does the rear washer pipe go anywhere near there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts