Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see this is a common fault but no common solution. My interior lights have worked intermittently over the last few years. Now they don't work at all. The "lights on" warning tone still sounds if I open the door, so it's not the comfort module (or whatever it's called). Central locking works, windows work. No lights in the boot, doors or roof. Fuse 14 is fine. Bulbs are fine. There was a broken brown wire in the tailgate hinge but I reconnected that and it made no difference.

Where should I look next?

·
Registered
279 Posts
All the interior lights seem to get their power direct from almost a 'sort of ring main/spur' coming from terminal 20 on the central locking control unit. Red/Blue wire in the pic two posts above is the one I think so I would check it right there in the picture to make sure it has power and if not, check the wire in the door bellows of the driver door for breaks.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Left work last night, unlocked the car and the bloody light came on! Drove home and it's back off again. Unlocked this morning, back on again. Is the comfort module in the driver's door?
It's behind the dash, on the driver's side. Remove the lower dash panels and look upwards. Small box on a bracket, with two bolts, one or two plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts