Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

Original interior light switch Volkswagen gulf IV, Bora This auxiliary switch for the gulf and Bora is the only switch, which fits from the form into one of the two right installation positions in the switch panel over the radio. It is used normally only in the taxi version gulf of the IV and/or Bora. In this position are normally the switches for ASR, ESP and/or seat heating right. ASR and ESP are tracer, only this taxi switch are a genuine "switch". The switch can be used naturally also for other "circuits" - e.g. for the in-/ elimination by auxiliary headlights or other consumers. Lighting: red (in pressed condition: yellow) Supply takes place inclusive pin allocation plan.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
No, I mean what other things! Anyone got any ideas?! Bit of a lazy way to switch the lights on and off! I dunno, taxi drivers!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Now that is cool, I want one! Even if only to fill the space. I was sitting in a car park waiting for someone recently and passed the time by popping off the blanking panels to see what I could fit there [:D]

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Golf MKIV Taxi?  How many people can fir confortably in the back of a Golf?  IMO none, unless they are midgets.  I just cannot see it as a Taxi. 

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
True, or washer jets, or a disco light on the roof in the rear of the car [:D] Would be quite useful for christmas decorations at christmas! Flick the switch and the whole car lights up [:)]

·
Registered
690 Posts
NOS, air horn, spikes coming out of the wheel hubs, tomahawks shooting out of the grille, ejector seat, blow up doll.

You name it, that button will do it! [:D]

·
Registered
602 Posts
To resurect this post for a short while

Would it be possible to fit this switch in the space between my hazard light and passenger seat heater controls?

and use it for switching the handbrake override on my satnav so that the tv tuner or dvd will play with the handbake off?

If not what have others used to switch this?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I always thought you might be able to use such a switch for auxiliary fog lamps - those that can be fitted in place of the side grilles under the front bumper. Good for if you have the R32 or the xenon lighting option where you had double indicators in each unit instead of the normal single indicator (and instead of the foglamps which all the other performance Golfs were fitted with).

~ Maxie

·
Registered
82 Posts
Connect it up to a bluetooth car kit to allow you to pick up calls (saves having something on display to tempt the neds).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Someone has hung some driving lights in the place of the centre intake of my car, and run the wires to the switch panel. However this solution has had a botchy toggle switch placed on it, this would look more refined for sure!

·
Registered
287 Posts
How about anti-collision light for those times when you're just flying
along. Aka Golf with wings. Errrrm, maybe not.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Question is do we have a part number for this lil beauty? Cos i mite just buy one for the sake of it, then find sumthin to do with it!

Note to self: search on ETKA when get home!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts